Raddcatt's 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer 4g32

Raddcatt

okay, so i am extremely new to this whole forum, and cars in general really :o

I am in the process of researching about putting twin carbs onto my 4g32.
ive been doing a fair bit over the last couple days about it, but have only just come across the fact that there are TWO kinds of 4g32, a saturn motor and another, which i cannot remember the name of...
i assume a bunch of you would know. 

but what i am here for is..
can anybody tell, by looking at this photo(can get more/better ones tomorrow) what model 4g32 this is?
I'm curious as i was looking into intake manifolds when i found out there were 2 kinds.

Photo will be in my build thread.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/47785-raddcatts-1982-mitsubishi-lancer/

There are actually at least 3 different versions of the 4g32 that I know of and all where known as saturn engines. The early version was sohc 8v using a cam chain and first came in the Galant 16l. There was also a dohc 8v also using a cam chain, which are very rare and came in MR GTOs. The later sohc 8v transitioned from chain driven to belt driven in the late 70s and acquired balance shafts. Looking at your timing cover it looks like you have the belt version of the 4g32.

There are actually at least 3 different versions of the 4g32 that I know of and all where known as saturn engines. The early version was sohc 8v using a cam chain and first came in the Galant 16l. There was also a dohc 8v also using a cam chain, which are very rare and came in MR GTOs. The later sohc 8v transitioned from chain driven to belt driven in the late 70s and acquired balance shafts. Looking at your timing cover it looks like you have the belt version of the 4g32.

Oh okay, thats a bit more info than i had come across.

All good stuff to know, thanks heaps for that, appreciate it :)

good work man! bringing it back from the dead.

A friend of mine had one once, it was so god damn awful when it was stolen the crooks just left it up the road! haha.

are you all up to date with the thread? is she on the road yet?

good work man! bringing it back from the dead.

A friend of mine had one once, it was so god damn awful when it was stolen the crooks just left it up the road! haha.

are you all up to date with the thread? is she on the road yet?

Cheers for that :)

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of them are going to 17-18 year olds in NZ who are absolutely destyroying them and making them hideous and rugged. so you don't see too many good ones around I think that's why I like it so much :)

Awh no, that sucks for your friend.

I cant imagine the feeling of getting your pride and joy stolen and happens far too often :( hopefully I never have to experience that!

As of now, last picture of it fully primered is current state.

Do believe all it needs for WOF now is...

Window wipers

Tyres on spare steelies

Exhaust holes fixed 

a few bulbs

Will update when I take it for a wof, which hopefully soon, needs to go to VTNZ since it's greenstickered :( don't have one in Waihi.

• 2 years later...

Hey bro, I've bought a Mitsubishi Lancer 1982 as well. I'm currently doing this up as a project, but as these cars are rare it is hard to find parts, and as well someone with knowledge about these cars. Great to see the progress you've had with your car! I'm in need of parts, if you could please tell me where to look. Cheap deals would be ideal as money is a issue. 

Thank you.