Neal's Suzuki Jeepy Hunnit

Threeonthetree

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

With the upcoming shed tour, I have started to tackle some of the small jobs on this bike.

I have removed the tank in order to clean it out properly and will try and source a replacement fuel tap while I'm at it. This one leaks.

I gave the chrome a polish when I wasn't motivated enough to do any actual work (but still wanted to do something) and stumbled upon a cheap bike cover which should keep it cleaner for longer.

The bike has a VIN plate riveted to the frame so hopefully this makes it easier to get back on the road legally.

• 1 month later...

2 stroke takeover is on the cards! ringdings for miles.

although AX100s do have gay gboxes being fourspeeds.

The selector on them is the worst design I have ever seen. Once the gearbox gets hot it goes into 'magic select' mode.

'Magic select' is a system of gear selection where you change down (for example) and get one gear down, or a false neutral before it, or a false neutral after it, or the next gear below it. Until you let out the clutch you'll be completely unaware of whether you're even in 'magic select' mode or not.

Trust me - I used one of these engines in a race bike.

• Like 2

Well why did you use an Indian spec comuter bike for a race bike idiot....

Highly rate my ax100 for round town ring a dings, haven't had any gear issues, or any issues actually

You need to take your big boy shoes off, as they clearly don't fit you.

• Like 5

not neal. unless skunk is also Indian, regardless i wasn't using indian as an insult or anything, the ax100 was mass produced for the Indian market for daily commuting with minimal (and i mean so minimal it was foreseen owners would tension the chain and change the oil) maintenance. i was simply hinting at why it might not have suited race bike application without presenting some sort of issue. 

but meh, im sure this will all get moderated out anyway, i just primarily wanted to explain i didn't have anything against india/indians/any race.

Uh, I don't think anyone saw the Indian comment as anything other than a descriptive, it was more the point that you called him an idiot for modifying and using such a thing seemingly out of nowhere when you don't appear to know him at all. It's generally seen as a little bit rude.

• Like 5

Well why did you use an Indian spec comuter bike for a race bike idiot....

Interestingly, I too raced one of these. A guy I raced against said he'd got ~25hp from his on the dyno. I have footage, and should get around to putting it on UtuTube. Bucket Racing. Yeah.

• Like 4

Its a GP100 not an AX 100 and the GP stands for Grand Prix it was developed as a class leading small bike with disc valve induction.

It was developed for Europe and Japan, and called the GP because the Suzuki RG500 was Leading in 1978 With Barry Sheen at the helm, and the 100-125 Class was the Learner bike class, and considered extremely hot property at the time.

The AX100 was a Chinese and Indian built commuter bike.

• Like 5

Like.

that boxy rear seat extension would look nice and café-y if you shorten the seat cushion itself?? and move it forward

low seat pad then kick it up to follow the extension angle at the rear.?

liking the build

I agree, that was something I considered when doing mine. Just needs a slimline seat pan and some nice padding and upholstery.

And zebradude yep I know this is a gp, the whole ax100 thing stemed from a comment I disliked, but I'd really like to put all that to bed.

Back on topic, along with MKDs seat suggestion, I'd like to add that I think the real gaurd should be shortened and repositioned to suit. Also lowering the seat height with thinner padding makes the relatively small tank look way nicer and gives the silhouette of the larger bikes