chrisr & ness hq wagon

chris r

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't looked there yet, looks like the drivers a pillar is rusty.  iwas having a chat to the panel beater the other day when I dropped off the cst10 and he said it was a prick of a job to get them lined up right.

It was 'bare metalled' by the previous owner and painted (I believe at a tech or something) then parked outside under a tarp. I dont see any prep work under the bog against the bare metal so am not surprised at the rust coming through. 

The sweet brazing looks goof after a stripper disc though

Recommendations on a semi perminant rust resistant sealer to put over the bare stuff for now. I'm using zink spray for now as it was free

That kickplate thing above the tailgate window is actually a dust deflector. As you trundle along the road it deflects air down past the face of the window and prevents dust buildup.

Not sure if it's correctly fitted as I can't see the picture properly (on a bus and using phone) but I must come and see you and the car soon.

• Like 1

oh sweet! I doubt its fitted correctly as its fallen off again and is in the boot.

Yes it probably is, there are a few stickers floating around. I'll be bust this week getting ready for easter weekend so I'll crack on with it next weeek

• 6 months later...

Just realised the pictures are all gone - I'll try fix it this weekend

who has a tonner nose cone for cheap? have a spare hq one with a crack/split in it.

Have decided on a paint scheme beige roof and copper base - will be hammerite painted on for max shitness. Its self leveling and the black stuff so far is looking good. WIll splash out and get $3 paint brushes next time

• Like 1