Nick's AX100 2 stroke pine

TimShadboltfan27

i intend on going with aliexpress adjusties for mine for what its worth, any 'new' shock is probably going to be better than the slogged out OE shocks anyway. 

as for disk brake conversion, i used cb50 parts. but that means a conversion to 17" wheels, which i actually wanted to do. but there are probably more 18" options availible than 17" 

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woah have done fuck all with this thing. 
so i took it to polished rockers, it was a good time. old geezers couldnt believe how loud it was haha grouse

d4tnBCv.jpg?1

thanks to chunk he gave me a seat that he had made for his ax100 above, but opted for a more cafe racer style so i happily took it off his hands.
i also took the battery out and its holder, also cleaned up the carb and intake. made the guts of the bike look a little better

sLHftrN.jpg?1

ldaOaor.jpg?1

i have a piece of cut up guard that i will use for this, and slap a nice wee tail light on it. and perhaps should mount some indicators. to make it look semi legal haha
think i will scrap the oil tank and live the premix life, also find another pod filter or equivalent and make it look super clean. 
so yeah, pining for the DGR this year, and QCR rides??? ke3n

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

aaaand this thing now has a tail light. i made a guard up from the remains of a front one i had trimmed down a while ago and mounted to the seat base. slapped a nice small tail light on it and we're away. 
TGVNnfa.jpg?1

i put some standard spec bars on it, really dig the tracker look. much more comfortable to ride than the clubmans. might get a pair of lower rise bars for it. 

Yv1tHAJ.jpg?1

also finally got round to buying some main jets! will have a fiddle with the tuning once they get here for maximum gains

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

**INCOMING 2 STOKE SHARNS**

so my jets turned up from aliexpress.

EF22bE5.jpg?1

these are hex heads, standard was a round head. slapped one in and wouldnt fire at all, hmmm. assumed the jets themselves were too long compared to standard, then removed the washer underneath the jet, and boom she fired. so much tang

so standard is a 92.5, and the guy who designed the chamber runs a 102.5. massive! mind you, that is with carbon reeds, electronic ignition and a oversized piston, so i thought i wouid keep it tame with a 95 to begin with. just let it idle cos way too wet to road test, and throttle response was much nicer than standard, still spluttery as hell. 
went up to a 98 this morning and took her for a spin, forgot how loud it is and proceeded to receive all the bad looks from old wimmin walking dogs. 

when cold, its still spluttery as hell. takes a good minute of riding till it opens up completely, then the powerband is lush. inspected the plug, nice and brown around the spark, however the outside of the plug, inside the thread etc is covered in unburnt fuel. 

i expect this to be too rich at idle, but adjusting mixture screw leaves it idling really low and about to die. up the pilot jet perhaps? 
EDIT: needle clip is raised one level, so dropped slightly

tl;dr: minor victory, still have not won the war
sharn away
SrOvQzX.jpg?1

• Like 2

You may need to up the pilot. Set it to idle with the throttle stop screw, then look for highest idle turning the air screw in and out. I think generally 1-1.5 turns out from bottomed is ideal, if you find best idle less than 1 turn out go for next larger pilot, more than 2 turns out go for next smaller.

Two strokes are crazy with the jetting increases after pipes added etc, my RD has 110 mains stock and without changing the emulsion tube and drill the air jet I'd be looking at over 300, with the new tube my new starting point for jetting is 220

• Like 3

I've gone from a 68mj on a stock 50cc up to either a 82 or 85mj with a cheap 'n nasty Tecnigas pipe, now running a 117mj main on a mild sport 70cc cylinder with the same pipe and a semi restricted foam pod.

Think I've only gone up one pilot jet size from stock too.

To add to what Kicker said about setting the idle mixture, after you set it to where it idles highest you can adjust it a little either way to find where you get the best throttle response, normally within 1/16 of a turn from peak idle.

• Like 1

the bike feels quicker, but is offset by huge tyres and shitty suspension, so even with this pipe, top speeds probably dropped. form over function mayte

plug was looking a little on the lean side with the pipe on it, so these jets will help prevent it from seizing if anything. these bikes are fun and easy to work on but shit they ride like a bag of dicks. deffs need to look into some stiffer shocks for the back at least. 

concur with the rear shocks being a bag of dicks. my bike is one of the fastest in qcr, but as soon as we hit corners im the slowest. 

ive never seized my bike with no jetting mods and ive ridden the pants off it. i woudnt like to be above 85kmh for long though, as ive geared mine down a bit and its reving its tits off above that mark. still probably would be fine though

• Like 1

Sounds like your riding like a Girl haha

My bike is a practically stock 50 with a long swingarm that does nothing for handling along with fucked rear shocks and no fork oil in my forks and I pass all the bigger bikes like Josh easily. About to put a 100cc in my 50 frame. Will probably upgrade the forks and rear shocks so I can decimate everyone.

And yeah I need to start planning the next Wellington takeover so you can come down and experience the QCR pack riding first hand

• Like 4

When we roatripped to the coromandel Drunken followed us is his ute in 100km zone and said he could barely keep up with us on corners haha. reckons we averaged between 100 - 120 that's a std AX (probably flat to slight down hill I'm guessing). Polished rockers was real fun keeping up with the Harley's on a tiny bike. 

AX100s have a sweet tube frame IMO, underrated. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

made some improvements with the suspension. i bought some lush YSS shocks from tardme for my GP125, so i used the old shocks on this thing. so much stiffer, and about 10mm longer so more clearance between tyre and seat base. a lot less floaty than the standard shocks, a much stiffer ride. good times

89xN0hW.jpg?1 wvDPdzv.jpg?1

• Like 1

i stumbled across a sweet vid of some indonesian dudes who built some sweet looking cafe racers. was wondering how they got the bars so low, as it couldnt be clip ons because these forks are so small in diameter i dont think they sell a clip on that will fit (26mm or something ridiculous).
me and chunk found that we if we flip the bar mounts we can drop the bars underneath the triple clamps.
Xu20lzE.jpg?1

bloody tight squeeze! not looking forward to taking it apart again. lost a bit of turning as well cos mounts hit the tank collar but no one turns the handlebars that much anyway. this is what it looks like with tracker bars, i think some drag bars will look super sweet now that i can mount them all low and such 
vroqyn6.jpg?1

n53QoQQ.jpg?1

• Like 2