Hellnback's 1967 VC Valiant Regal - Discussion

hellnback

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier done with early Vals.
on the later ones Defo CM/CL, maybe VH etc a straight flip actually leads to the spring eye rubbing on the top of the spring hanger pocket. This makes a shit noise etc.

I flipped the stock ones on my old VJ regal, and the pinion snubber used to touch the floor over bumps. (Twas the days before hoists were used for all WOFS, so zero fucks given) Used to ride better with a full carload, as it sat on it, and the lush regal seats gave a really nice ride. 

Easy fixed with wedges. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, grunta said:

hey man what the plan for your motor? rebuild ? 

Only the outside!!

Had to take it out to repair some shit around the steering box on the chassis. Repainting engine, while I'm there. Just deciding whether or not to paint engine bay as I'm thinking when I come to repaint the whole thing I'm going strip it right back so probably no point doing it now.

• Like 1

whats ya address , can send it down to ya...  
PM me

info n carb... pretty sure its off a 318 but have heard these are ok to run on slants... maybe need smaller jets.. is missing tiny e clip off float breather but 1 will come with a new carb kit / ill try find one at work...

also the guy i bought my manifold had another Cain 2 barrel manifold for $150 may have sold but worth giving it a shot...

• Like 1

Mr sneaky painting a late Block the early colour. 

I've heard that it's important not to mix up the metering rids when fucking with those carters. I also don't know if your period correct single barrel air cleaner will fit the tumeke two barrel. I seem to recall we struck some hiccup with that when we did a 160hp repower on my mates VC.

How do you tell if it's a late block?

Yeah the Single Barrel Air Cleaner won't fit, well won't fit under the bonnet... could cut hole for much speed.

Bit of work fitting the 2bbl: Different manifold, accel cable/kickdown bracketry and convert kickdown to cable. Will do the other things on the list first.

Do you have headers, or still a cast manifold? 

I have a zhorst manifold with both the choke pocket for a 1bbl and the pick up for the 2bbl 160hp set up.

Although if your 2bbl is from a 'teen it's probably different again.

From what a Speedway Bogan once told me from way back when vals were ubiquitous in street stock/what I've seen on my slants over the years the 145hp 225's had the core plugs on the inlet side staggered up and down. The last 160hp blue slanter I had had them all in a row like yours. 

Be be fair the blue slanter I had with a manual behind it went pretty hard for what it was.  Even though it had 120psi across all cylinders. Stopped to put in gas one night and it refused to start. Gave up and did a hemi swap instead. Lol

On 2017-5-16 at 15:47, grunta said:

im going for a slightly different look , have the air cleaner very similar to this off an 86 dodge truck.. going to get a sign writing mate to do the decals.. 

Image result for super 6 slant 6

Shit yeah that'll look the goods!!