hellnback

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

just saw this thread, nice work man, wheels looking good, just a question how much were 7" rims? ive some 5 x 4" vg wheels im going to get banded 1 day (to fit over discs without spacers) but just interested to see what new rims are in comparison ?

just saw this thread, nice work man, wheels looking good, just a question how much were 7" rims? ive some 5 x 4" vg wheels im going to get banded 1 day (to fit over discs without spacers) but just interested to see what new rims are in comparison ?

Can't remember exactly but I think they were about $450. Then another $100 for another set of skinny's. Then 2x 24 packs to get them cut out and welded. 4 cans of warehouse "appliance white" spray paint.

• Like 1

Another prob with the VG wheels is they've got the 4 Lug centres which take the larger hub cap, so you won't be able to run your VC caps.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive sacked a few vals by welding up and redrilling the holes in the front spring hanger to enable bolting it back in upside down.

But Ive found that this lifts up the pinion snubber flange, and causes that stopper to hit lots.
Best fix is tilting wedges. The dowel is long enough to still loacte the spring pad on the diff through the wedge. Plus the wedge gives a  sweet 6mm of extra slam.

I think theres a pic of mine in my VG thread. (Fuck knows where that is though)

• Like 1

Ive sacked a few vals by welding up and redrilling the holes in the front spring hanger to enable bolting it back in upside down.

But Ive found that this lifts up the pinion snubber flange, and causes that stopper to hit lots.

Best fix is tilting wedges. The dowel is long enough to still loacte the spring pad on the diff through the wedge. Plus the wedge gives a  sweet 6mm of extra slam.

I think theres a pic of mine in my VG thread. (Fuck knows where that is though)

Got heaps of room with the snubber (unloaded mind you) - will see how it goes... if it's too close I'll just take it off! Pinion angle seems to be good as well and no vibs coming through.

If i need to adjust the diff angle I'll probably just machine the top of the blocks.

I'll get a carload and fill the boot and see how it all pans out fully laden!