Chris' 1970 cst10

chris r

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our dollar is bad at the moment for buying stuff.

Does anyone have recommendations for underbody heat shielding etc? The cab is (and always has) got bloody hot after driving. I there is a difference with the sound deadening i have put in but not quite enough. Will getting wrapping the exhaust where it goes under the cab make a difference?

Been for a quick spin around the block and there are satisfying burning smells going on. Yet to tell if there is any cabin difference. It'd be inderesting to see the temperature difference (if any) with the wrap. Its still to hot to touch - well I can get my hand closer with the wrap compared to the bare steel

Hmm it started missing the other day. Finally got around to doing a oil change etc. I pulled the plugs and some of them are really fowled and some are good. It could be HT leads but seems too random for that. How are some equally worn etc. I'm wondering if there are a few tired rings or if the manifold isn't evenly distributing the air fuel mix to all cylinders? I haven't done a compression test or anything yet. It feels like its got (some) power now. 

All the plugs are matching and not too old. I have replaced them since I've owned the truck. I initially thought it may be a dual pane manifold/carb not liking each other but the fowled plugs/different runners didn't seem to match up. I will bring it over at some point and check it out

Neal and I checked compression and its all pretty even across all 8 cylinders. We think its intake manifold related. Possibly a issue with the after market carb and the dual pane manifold not distributing fuel evenly. In the mean time I'll give the plugs a clean every now and again

Boring news, Trans will be a service/some gaskets thrown at it and a service and hopefully that'll sort out the worst of the leaks. Its booked in for a alignment next week too so hopefully it'll go straight ish and might dive left less when braking. Will need to re adjust the brakes and probabaly give them a bleed too and see how it does. Drums are a pain!

• Like 1