64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah what was it. And lol at reading your build thread about simon doing you're starter motor. I can imagine the exact tone and mannerisms he would have used.

I miss him.

just updated it with a big old yarn about my day. peace of lemon i have!

i must say simon is top dog alright!!! 

NZ and Aussie beetles ran on different model years to the rest of the world, we kept going with the older designs a lot longer than elsewhere...

Pretty sure 68 was the cross over year, mine was also first registered in '68 but is pretty much exactly what a US '63 would be (useful info if you're ordering parts online)

http://www.nzveedubnuts.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6855

• Like 1

Yeah I've read that in the past and struggle to believe alot of it. I don't know where that info comes from but could just be interpretation. My Ckd 55 is exactly a 55. My Ckd 67 is exactly a 67 which I have a Birth Cert for both. All my Nz assembled 60s parts cars have been rego'd to the year the body/engine/pan numbers they came with and have had the correct features to match.. So much of it does not relate to my stuff which doesn't make sense.

Cool car regardless. Welcome to the world of unreliability.

It's probably worth fitting brand new points and condenser and putting the current ones in the trunk as emergency spares.

Or just fucking bin it completely, I hate messing around with points and stuff.

C22-21101-2.jpg

some people hate these as they have had them fail also, but mine was sweet. set and forget.

Or just fucking bin it completely, I hate messing around with points and stuff.

C22-21101-2.jpg

some people hate these as they have had them fail also, but mine was sweet. set and forget.

yeah it is the plan. i hate points and all that extra stuff as well. 

change my ap5 over to electronic and boy what a change!!! so amazing!!!!!!

but fark i need to fix some bloody oil leaks.

thing leaks like a ............................. (everyone can fill it with there own description)