64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has the bonnet cable broken?

nope i can here the cable moving the latch.... il have a closer look once i finish these jobs ive got to do.

and i down loaded a speedo app on my phone that told me it was out but i would still like to get better smiles per mile so its not reeving so much. and id like a bigger tyre on the rear.

Is that logo on the side painted or vinyl? Silly American symbol doesn't belong on a German car.

What's the interior like?

its shitty rattle can job but a scotch and some water will bring it off in a matter of a couple of scruba-dub-dubs

can i get myself a midnight logo please in the chepest shits vinyl so i can make a cardboard stencil. um come have a noisy after work if you want brent il be here at the shop late trying to open the trunk cause yea il need to put gas in it. 

interior is pretty average but lucky i know a guy that knows how to buy trim kits for them :) haha

I saw that on TM, looks cool.

Instead of rooting the bonnet, you may have to take a hacksaw to the handle and cut it in half, then you will be able to unscrew the two half's of the handle from the latch inside.

low bugs don't like big front tyres, what size is on there?

What size do you want the logo, and are you going to spray it in 1 or 2 colours?

I can make a normal sticker using promo grade like the one on the left:

midnight_upholstery_stencil.jpg

Or I can reverse cut it so you can use the actual sticker as your stencil, like the one on the right.

- Apply vinyl graphics
- Lightly spray paint over the vinyl stencil
- Sand the paint to give it a weathered look (optional)
- Peel off vinyl stencil and admire your handy work
- Give Brent a bourbon

• Like 1

just read this so il see if this works....

Before you go cutting anything!!

My father used to be able to fit a 10 mm spanner up behind the bonnet and undo the bottom bolt of the handle this would allow him enough clearance to undo the top bolt then hey presto the boot is open.... 
This works for the early models I'm not sure if it will for the late models with the button on the handle but give it a try anyway. It might save you getting a new handle..

Also try having someone apply pressure to the handle whilst working the release some times the mechanism can get sticky due to the spring on the... (I've forgoten the polite term but we Aussie's call it the Dog's D__k) applying pressure on the latch.

saw that bug - from auckland wasnt it?

Was tempted - glad it went to someone here!

yea was from auckland was super keen on that i shut the shop doors early (3pm) so i could go view it haha

im super glad i got it myself :)

I like this.

Slighty jealous of your purchase

Okay I am jealous

I will take you for rides if that helps? 

I saw that on TM, looks cool.

Instead of rooting the bonnet, you may have to take a hacksaw to the handle and cut it in half, then you will be able to unscrew the two half's of the handle from the latch inside.

low bugs don't like big front tyres, what size is on there?

so yeah i did do this and did cut the handle in half...... so now i need a new one....

yea i wont be changing the tyres on the front only the rears. then will apply more low and have them sitting up in my guards. we decided on going 3 inches wider to keep it nice and safe :)

and the front tyres are 135/70/15s the back ones are 145/65/15