Gozza's 1969 Triumph MK1 Wagon (Estate) Restoration

Hannah

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

After much thought over the past few months I have decided to pass Rosie the Triumph on to a new owner.

There was a lot of deliberation before we both decided it was the right thing to do.  Since we've had the car there have been moments of excitement and much discussion over strong coffee about how we'd go about fixing it up, engine transplant ideas (would have to be a straight six!), wheel choices, paint colours, events and places we'd like to take it to.  Then moments of clarity where we've come to realise that it's a lot of work on top of so many other jobs that we are even more excited about doing, or ones that just have to be done. There are other car projects we already have that need our input and ones we would like in the future (maybe another Hillman Imp like my old one :-) ) so neither of us really had the drive to just get stuck into an epic restoration. Then we thought I could learn to restore it, own it for a while and sell it to make a profit. However, realistically,  these cars, although cool and rare, would never sell for the amount of work this one needs.

Anyway, Steve (Gozza) had popped around to our place some time ago, spotted the car, was quite smitten and a possible deal was hatched. He'd buy it and we'd do the rust repairs to get it back to a solid base for him to continue on with the restoration. However, after looking over the car on the hoist with Steve and then working out the number of hours involved it was simply going to add up to too much and be beyond his realistic budget (is there ever such a thing with cars?...)

A week or so later we put it up for sale on Trademe.  Steve couldn't resist, talked himself into taking on the project and collected Rosie today. 

We're both happy that Rosie has gone to a good home.  Even though we never ended up doing the project ourselves we're glad that we saved a sweet old car from languishing in a field forever.

So today I hand the baton over to Steve to continue on with the mission to get Rosie back on the road :-) 

P1110462.jpg

P1110464.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you Hanna and Alex!

I've got so much to learn before I can even start, and then there is the other Mk1 project currently under way... 

One thing is for sure, this wagon is going to be fucking sick when it gets back on the road.....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...