Big Value Buddy's Big Value AX100

Big Value Buddy

Yo! So, mega GC Russell hooked me up with the indicators from his AX, to help with my missing, cracked and bent ones. Also, when I picked them up, Russell fire jizzed on a left foot peg to my assembly, to replace the snapped and missing one. This was unexpected and ultra appreciated. OS is full of such great dudes!

I'm waiting for the correct brake lever to arrive from Japan, but due to impatience, and after a chat with Hayholes Mum, I got a similar lever from Boyles and attacked it with a file. Success! Not a perfect fit but good enough til the proper one arrives.

All this meant I took the AX for its maiden lap of the coast on Saturday and even picked Steph up and rode two-up home from town. Such fun!

Coast. Harbour entrance:

4frdnm25.u2z.jpg

Two helmets for two-up:

a4ukwbnm.fpu.jpg

Points to note:

It rides awesome! Still needs a good thrash and maybe a carb clean.It's more stable than I expected in the wind.

The throttle sticks, which is great for no-handed riding.

A 4-down gear change takes some getting used to, after riding a 1-down/4-up bike for ages. Only a couple of second to first by accident changes (instead of third) so far.

Not sure why Suzuki put the indicator switch on the right, with the throttle and brake. Again, something else to get used to.

First commute to work was on Monday and it made the start to the week much more tolerable.

I'll go on some more missions (in between Road cycling, mountain biking, Booze cruising and general piss drinking) over xmas/New Year.

Sunset from above Princess Bay last night (while solo road cycling/booze cruising) :

zjbn0yl1.zou.jpg

encd3nfg.5rx.jpg

(sorry if my photos take ages to load. I'm using iforce on my phone)

• Like 8

For sure, I'm surprised how fresh that 80's electric blue is. It cleaned up really nice.

The gear lever is original. I'm getting the original factory brake lever through Boyle Kawasaki in Wellington. But I think they use Wellington Motorcycles, who are official Suzuki dealers. There was no stock in NZ, so it's coming from Japan. You can get most parts this way. Your local suzuki dealer should be able to get parts the same way. Factory brake lever is $22ish. So clutch should be similar.

Let know if you get stuck and I'll ask the parts dudes up here. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

CDL doesn't have a motorbike,

Think he's more suited to a VdoubleU trike.

He bullies the real men because he's so jelly,

Laying back in his bus shooting loads on his belly.

If only he had the time, a bike would be great,

But he's far too busy.... Thumbing prostate.

Please note:

All rebuttal must be in poetry form, or will not be accepted.

• Like 6

Wow, Hayholes Mum you still exist

Perhaps you'd like to give Seedy a fist

Delicious man treats are waiting for you

More desirable than sniffing glue

Seedy, please come and ride side saddle

You could spank Hayholes Mum with a paddle

Man-cheese on toast is her favourite lunch

She doesn't wear panties, so they don't get bunched

Snake wrangler, ball dangler, pube tangler, privates triangular, meat mangler.

• Like 6