austin owner's 85' 2wd hilux discussion

Greenie

Drop spindles aren't meant to fit this model, there are minor differences between these and the next ones. Apparently.

Could be worth a try but both Belltech and Chassistech are listed for 84-95 models (which is when they switched to Tacoma but spindles should fit up to 04 hilux)

Looks awesome already though, I'd be stoked to be dailying that. Looking for something similar at the moment.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a look when we did the torsion bars and the bottom ball joint is a different setup to 84 onwards which is why they wont fit. You can fit a mix of later model front arms/parts to make drop spindles work. Theres the recipe to make it work on the web somewhere

• Like 1

yeah i dont think ill need to use drop spindles anymore, im pretty happy with the height at the moment (although you can always use more low)
but i am getting a bit of tyre rub on the plastic iner gaurds so i might just rip them off,   

and thanks for all the positive feedback guys, means heaps :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah im all sweet, gonna go get the car back tomorrow and rip the stereo out and take the rims off, not much else i can get,  then just sell the rims and tires and sell the car to the wreckers i think, just get what i can for it.