austin owner's 85' 2wd hilux discussion

Greenie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a spare set of 4x4 guards if your interested? they are not stuffed but will need a bit of love

thanks for the offer bro, but i was thinking of just rolling the guards, because i was only planing on running 14or 15 x 8s so i dont think it will be wide enough to need the flared 4x4 cards.

Ha, that yellow B1600 in your thread I did at work not long after I first started there. That was running 15x8 steels all round, with 7" drop from the rear 5" leave reset and 2" block. 

New shocks and bushed some of the front end. He ended up putting a wellside onto it, as well as removing a leaf for more slam..

Was his first car

for the love of god, dont get 4" blocks. So fuking dodgy. Just get leaves reset and then chuck 2" blocks in, will be plenty of drop.

hahahah yeah i was gonna start with 2" then see what it look liked, but ill have to consider the leave reset. 

i heard you can get new leave hangers that will mover them up like 2"  before adding the blocks

Quite possibly. Also you cant legally go any bigger than 2"/50mm blocks.

thats a fair point, i didnt actually know that. haha thanks Beaver. 

how many ways are there to drop the rear of a ute? like im sure you can use a combo of things to get it supper low...

Reset leaves and blocks will give you the best part of 5" without battering an eyelid. There will probably be other things stopping you from lowering it anyway (such as frame in the way, bumpstops which will need shortening etc)

its not like its a rare truck so it will have been done a million times.