flyingbricks 198? Holden WB Ute

Threeonthetree

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was a complete fluke- I was searching TradeMe for automotive fuel tanks and it was one of the first that came up when sorted by price.

Am just going to zap a little sump onto the bottom rear to ensure there will be zero issues.

Machined up four lugs out of Ali today...hopefully I can weld them to my radiator tomorrow and get it mounted :-)

There is a guy on one of the American Mopar (or Maybe Charger?) forums who has actually modified his grille to look like the one from the movie. Might be able to use google to find that thread. For just a grille, it's an interesting read!

I put that thread in fabrication follys somewhere a wile back, you could find it there. 

• Like 1

Haha waste of a good car.

(Can't believe I just said that considering the transam front)

So today I had a blast at Ali welding. Love how I had forgotten everything learnt last time. Made a mess.....but at least I can say I gave it ago and its all me.

And then I got home and realized one of my guesses wasn't correct so have to make spacers tomorrow, no biggie but was so amped to get it ticked off the list.

There are heaps of shrouds and covers I'd like to put up front there but for now they can wait.

I need to weld legs to my driveshaft hoop tomorrow too.

20150210_163327.jpg

20150210_165227.jpg

EXCITE.

• Like 1