flyingbricks 198? Holden WB Ute

Threeonthetree

Thanks for all the input!

Does anyone know if those L brackets exist on all of the front ends and if they change at all over the years?

Interesting about vk seats fitting.

My floor is a bit confusing because there are holes drilled all over the place (I'd say it has had a few different seats bolted in)

Laying under it I can see that heaps of the captive nuts still exist and it looks like ATLEAST the outer rails are the same as HQ bucket rails.

I WONDER if I'd get away with drilling the other rail holes in the factory bucket location and welding factory looking captive nuts onto the underside.

Fitting doubler plates looks tricky because of those damn channels running under the floor. I'm betting they will interfere requiring the plates to be bent etc etc.

Bench seat is a bit shit because it will interfere with my handbrakes current location. Buckets would be ideal I guess.

Confusion

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Iv got a fair bit of shit on the way for this thing.

Gauges from speed hut,

brake hoses,

a tool for rolling beads into my fuel hard lines http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ear-008erl

Rubber buffers so I can make traction bars for me and threeonthetree.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1608

And new bonnet bumpstop bolts and rubber.

At least it feels like progress is happening

Navneal and I have discussed doing something a little different with it. We'll see how well it fits.

I may get a chance to use my glass skills.

Neal is there a lip along the top like factory so it can be bolted down? Iv got a factory (rusty) top section that I can cot down and bond to it

Can't wait

Hehe, no problem.... It is seriously growing on me though! I'm going to give it a good go.. I have decided to re use some bits from the gem (my round BMW lights)

It should look pretty angry..

Right I'm off to the shed.

I'm excited about this diff too mate. We should definitely make an occasion out of its collection (and have a drink/talk shit somewhere)

• Like 1