Triumph 500 unit bobber

gazguy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the hardtail i bought for it originally was for a 650 which is a little taller. it had about 4 inches of stretch and lowered around 3 inches. i dont want to be scraping the pipes so im only lowering it around 2 inches with only an inch of stretch.

im starting from scratch with the hardtail and will make a 2nd one for the other frame i have. i'll make the hardtail on my frame jig which i built.10659142_10152423607788857_1453077847577

• Like 5

this is the oil tank and petrol tank i'll be using. the petrol tank is an old wassel i think

the axle plates are just card templates until i get them cut out of 10mm plate. is there anywhere in chch that will laser cut them or waterjet them out?

bent one of the lower rails too. my pipe bender is a piece shit so if anyone has one for sale cheap let me know

1901762_10152426842033857_12117336127493

• Like 3

managed to get some tubes bent up. the bottom rail is coped and slotted ready to be tacked together when i get the axle plates cut on friday. im not too happy with how they look so im gonna slim them down and make them look more aesthetically pleasing. i made this one from wood so i could the angles right for the tube.

i bought a new bender today as my old one decided to shit itself.

ive bent both sides for the upper and lower rails and will cut and cope the tubes that connect them together.

the top rail hasnt had any final cutting yet, just bent to see how it looks

10614188_10152429558513857_5779390865404

• Like 1

Hardtail is looking great !! Love it !

And that tank is spot on .

I'm watching carefully as I'm Hardtailing my sportster after summer

theres a couple of companies in the states that make weld on hardtail kit for a sportster. led sled and tc bros i think