jacknz123 1962 Suzuki MA50

jacknz123

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack.If you are still using this post I would like to catch up with you while I am in Christchurch. I had one new in 1960 and am now  restoring  a MA-1 And a 50MAA

Incidently i have both a genuine parts manual and a copy of the workshop manual 

If you are interested, the correct spark plug is a   NGK B4,  or Champion J8  (not J8J) equivalent   Std spark plug gap is 0.5-0.7mm

points gap is 0.3-0.4mm                                     

timing is 27o BTDC with marks A&B lining up

Can you give me a contact number?

Cheers

jagmarkone

• Like 1

Hi Jack. Ross is the name.  Live in Caboolture Queensland. Just a couple of lines to keep in touch. Leaving for Christchurch via Wellington back home on the 17th.

Thinking about your piston replacement. were the circlips retaining the gudgeon pin circular or did they have ends to enable pliers to grip them for ease of removal.? If they have ends on the circlips I seriously suggest you lift the barrel, and using side cutters, and remove them. I went through two barrels and three pistons, the latter was a 62cc and the barrel bored to suit. I notice that a note was in the piston box which stated "Please cut the ends off the circlips before installing this piston". Apparently various resonances causes some sort of internal harmonics.

Well taxi is waiting. Sorry we couldnt' get together this time If you can leave me a phone number, we can discuss and help each other. Presently I am looking for a complete motor.

Let me know if you have any contacts.

Cheers

Ross

• Like 1