KKtrips

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Get Voldo to make you a new camshaft.

Should be able to get something which opens up the 308 a bit more but at a lazy engine speed befitting of a Statesman.

I'd also recommend having a good look at the oil pump while the engine is out. These things have always suffered from poor oil pressure which may have been a contributing factor to the excessive cam wear. So it may be worth replacing the pump and/or 'porting' it for better flow. There are a couple of online guides for porting pumps and new pumps are easy to find on the shelf.

Still running factory cast-iron headers?

The HQ hubcaps look great on there, much better than the fake wires.

Ah just the man i wanted to talk to  I agree that the oil pump has most likely played a part in this.  I havent removed the pump yet but will let you know what i find  I do have a Used High volume pump that cam off my old 253 it looks ok but i'm not sure. ( bloody holdens)

as for camshafts I'm most likely going to get a Torque/economy cam through kelford. I believe thats Voldo's place of business.

These blue/black 308's are a low compression engine so anything with a bit of lump will be wasted unless i have the comp upped.

I just want it back on the road  I have a wof and reg going to waste and i've only driven it 6 times since owning it. That and I can't afford a full rebuild just yet and the engines still in pretty good nick a bit dirty maybe but still good.

I'm still running the factory cast iron exhaust manifolds that go into twin 2 inch pipes and then into a 2.5 inch pipe.

there is an exhuast mount for a twin pipe system but the long range 120 litre fuel tank gets in the way of that.

that and the drivers side manifold has a flap which is operated by a diaphragm to force exhaust back through the head and under the carb and out through the passenger's side. the diaphragm is fucked . so yeah i'm way down on power

hey flying brick  find your own headlights and valance HAHA

no seriously too many of these WB statesmans have been sacrificed for utes and tonners  good luck in finding a stato nose you will need the rad support too they do differ from the utes

cheers lads!