98cc's Ordinary Bicycle Build

98cc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I suppose everything i do i try to do to the best of my abilities so i can have pride in the finished product. Thats what i couldn't understand at school engineering classes, most of the guys didint give a toss what their work turned out like and even if they finished it at all. There are so many awesome and inspiring projects on OS so its good if someone can get something out of what I'm doing.

Steelies, i think lead should be encouraged for sure!

BL, you should defiantly head to Oamaru if you are keen, the full ride that I'm doing is 4 days long, i can send you the details if you are keen. Also chuck a pic of that BSA up!

FB, about the braking, these things generally dont have them. The main form of braking is by putting back pressure on the peddles. Some pennys have a spoon brake on the front tyre but they are pretty ineffective.

Are you doing the full ride Valiant?

Thanks rusti, its good that i dont need to go to my dad every time i need something welded now

• Like 3

Cool might see you there then. Supposedly back around 1870 they had only invented 3 colors. They were Black, dark blue and burgundy. As i am trying to make this one look like an original Its going to be a dark burgundy as lots of pennys are black and blue.  

I got the first coat of epoxy primer on the bikes and i got them all sanded up last night

DSCF9195_zpsplsvo4qx.jpg

I will hopefully get another coat of primer on tonight and then give the bits a good wet sand and then topcoat sometime this weekend!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...