KPR's 84 chromelux discussion

Stu

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't seem to tramp, which is amazing.   but its still only 3wd, open rear.  so no sideways action, yet.

trying to sort out the rear suspension at the moment. looks like its been hitting the overloads alot plus shocks possibly too stiff.   it unloads inside rear real bad on the road. skins up the inside wheel and goes nowhere haha

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man I lifted my samurai the same way with the leaf springs, they were shitty Bellamy and East ones so I didn't care if it didn't work.

Just bend a leaf individually at increments of about an inch along the length of the leaf. (Not the whole leaf in one go)

I saw B&E do it once so I thought it couldn't be that hard. I'll go in more detail if you're interested in doing it

Also, the novelty of driving over shit will never wear off

The shit just gets bigger

Thats pretty much how i done mine.  had seen my bother do it to lower his ute back in the day.    was good to hear the spring guy say the same.       was unsure if the china press would do the overloads. but got it done.

not planning on raising it up.  been making everything work at that height to keep it stable.  if anything the rear needs to come down a bit as has a bit of rake.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More, which seen some hole saw action

dsc04537s.jpg?w=900

You seriously cut those with a hole saw?

What brand/make of hole saws do you have?

I have very little success hole sawing any metal. I end up with a fucked saw and a ragged hole.

just standard bi-metal hole saws.  blu-mol think is the brand.   low low speed is the key. bigger the saw slower the speed.  cutting oil helps too.   soon as they get too hot your fucked.

whats probably worse, is i drilled all those with my battery drill

• Like 2