Danny and HeyHoles Biker Build off Round Two!!

oldnrusty

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

What a fizzler of a build thread!

Only really on my part as Danny has completely dominated the build off................once agian.

So I have been working away on mine tho. Ticking off jobs/ trying to keep the build moving along and now my deadline is out the window, Ive been pretty picky on the little details

Have also been Ebaying up a strom

CAM00019_zps1b950ca7.jpg

Genuine New Old Stock Suzuki coil from Singapore

CAM00017_zps09115b75.jpg

Got this Biltwell mako tail light copy, its still real good build quality for a copy and doesnt feel cheap and nasty

CAM00016_zpsc2d7839d.jpg

Have cut the number plate bracket off, plan to mount it on top of the rear gaurd but kinda not too sure on it at the moment

sticks up real high, but ill have to wait till the seat is done and might not look too bad.

CAM00015_zps4572a126.jpg

indicator, came with normal lenses, smoked and clear. Metal housings and feel like good build quality aswel.

CAM00012_zpse4fcdf88.jpg

New swing arm bearings in. Managed to get some Genuine Suzuki one out of the UK

CAM00013_zpse353df65.jpg

Made up a new coil mount. The old one had been cut off for some reason, and the coil that was on it, was cable tied on!

CAM00014_zpsf05a30b5.jpg

CAM00010_zps1b29861b.jpg

Rear hoop all welded in. and tidied up the ends of the shock mounts

CAM00009_zpsd9fe568e.jpg

Pretty happy with how that came out

P1010410_zpscb2e3ad2.jpg

Before.........

CAM00008_zpsbdfd5d2e.jpg

........After, just weld filled it, in the end. Looks pretty good, and once the primer and paint goes on, it should fill any last little pits

CAM00007_zpsf9baf49f.jpg

CAM00006_zpsc341809b.jpg

Have since cut all the unwanted tabs off and welded on tabs for the rear guard and seat mounting points. Have to move a foot peg mounting point over, and a flasher unit mount then the frame is done and ready for paint.

The Swing arm pivot sleeve was really badly pitted and the bearings rusted out and completely shot, hence the new bearings. Boyles couldnt find me a new replacement sleeve anywhere. Searched on ebay, but couldnt find anything. Lauras old man gave me a couple of good ideas, but then I remembered I still, for some reason, held onto the rear/cut up swing arm for the KZ from when i hard tailed it. Sure enough the sleeve is the right length and the right size OD (where the bearings run), but the wrong ID (where the axle goes). Stoked! As that shouldnt be too hard to fix, will ask Manu if he can drilll that out for me some time. Manu if your reading this............

I left not just one but both of my cameras up in Napier, Kinda why i havent done an update in for ever, Have just brought a new phone, with what seems to be, not too bad a camera onit. But anyway Lees bringing my cameras back down next week so will get some good photos of Dannys hog. Or you can just look on MoM http://www.machineofmayhem.com/dannys-custom-bike/

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Holy crap I did some work on this!!!!

Have had a new headset sitting on the bench for a long time now, finally put it in. Why did I not do that earlier?! Putting brand new parts on is so sweet!

Feels so good, I guess thats mainly because the last head set was "index steering"

CAM00308_zpso1tkfxyy.jpg

Forks on for the frist time since like last year! Loser!

CAM00309_zpsfdlspkwr.jpg

Sweet pootato pix aswel

CAM00310_zpsfz4l4pja.jpg

Have cleaned up the motor as good as I can, ready for paint. I know some people hate on painted air cooled motors, but this motor looks like balls

CAM00311_zpss84g7169.jpg

Think Ive cleaned it up some more since these photos aswel

CAM00314_zpszbaunp5u.jpg

Got the tank back from mates workshop which motivated me to get the seat pan made up

CAM00330_zpscjicntcy.jpg

after abit of trial and error with making the basic shape

CAM00337_zpsrgrqdzdb.jpg

Settled on this

CAM00339_zpslvijroao.jpg

Seat needs to be slightly raised to allow room for electrics, so made a lip around the edge

CAM00340_zpslcijjf64.jpg

CAM00342_zpsdnjdg5hx.jpg

CAM00343_zpszuuvy4tq.jpg

CAM00344_zpsmsdsrhlb.jpg

Then welded from underneath, ground off top welds and welded on some studs for mounting, and etch primed

CAM00346_zpsj9esxp4y.jpg

Slightly tapered the front end to meet the tank width

CAM00347_zpscennq8el.jpg

really happy with overall look, the seat the bottom line of the tank is dead on where i wanted it. Stoked!

CAM00348_zpsxo0mh7dh.jpg

Terrable photos sorry, will sort out my camera and take some half decent ones at some stage

CAM00349_zpsvkr2wy36.jpg

Next jobs up - pant the motor - put it in the frame - redo the foot pegs - and finish off sealing the tank ready to paint. 

that is all.

• Like 3

edit; Was flicking back through the build photos, noticed id missed out the part where i sprayed the frame 2k satin black. 

So in my hast in getting the front end back in, didnt realize Id put the forks on backwards haha dumbarse 

But anyway, heres the wheels in, 
17438285303_2a43f183a3_z.jpg

wasnt going to paint the wheels or polish the drums when I started out, but chrome was stuffed and hubs needed something happening to them
17871120770_cf74ed0513_z.jpg

really happy with the headlight aswel, got it awhile back but nice to see it on the bike finally
17871121950_c81665c77d_z.jpg

fresh paint!
17872567269_ac8a46b449_z.jpg

First time ive seen it all one colour
17436214114_2a43f183a3_z.jpg

Since I had the wheels all but done, thought I might aswel put a new sprocket on there, figured it would be a black one as thats what come off,
turned out to be a silver one, which kinda didnt like at first but stoked with now
18032328106_3f6ec1f0b1_z.jpg

Went round to mates workshop where Id sprayed the motor, decided the best way to get the motor back to my work without scratching it would be to just put it back in the bike.
So a few Friday night beers and some help from a few of the boys, Mathers, Ed and Cheygen, and its back in the hole
17872574979_7006a7b859_z.jpg

18058823215_c3cd5ff993_z.jpg

Cheers 
HayHole

• Like 4