• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, very cool,

anymore pictures of it when you bought it, frontal, side, birds eye etc

love the daily driver idea,

ive always wanted a b series for a daily work hack

oil - you mean fish oil ? or just engine oil ?

i know of fish oil and there is a wax type stuff you put in doors/chassis rails etc

looking forward to updates and pictures

clicked - follow this topic :D

cheers, heres a couple of photos from after i removed the canopy tray and bull bars 

photo1_zps8660dc56.jpg

photo5_zpse5ecab70.jpg

Yeah i had plans of doing a rotary one but the extra cost was going to make it a really long term build and a wee bit impractical, so decided to just redo everything and avoid cost of cert and sold 12a motor and box to fund new parts. 

Yeah meaning oil as in fish oil it to prevent any rust in the future I've heard its a good thing to do, planning on holding onto this for a long time

will hopefully have a update of a painted chassis by the end of the week 

• Like 1

cheers for pics,

the front is alot different to the B1600, this has some character to it :)

this has more detail around the lights and grille

more truck looking

Q - does the bonnet open forward like FB rx7 ?

Q - whats your plans for a colour for paint job ? two tone maybe ?

once youve done this one, maybe pick up another one for a rotary conversion lol

Yeah i like the b1500 front bit unique, yes bonnet folds forward same as b1600, but the grille isn't attached to bonnet like b1600.

Im planning on painting same/similar colour to this chevy truck, going the one colour for body and roof and have white grille/bumper/mazda on tailgate ect.

1620674_703750336314929_1781164629_n_zps

pretty keen on a circuit/club car next once this is done and out of the shed ill find a shell I've got the running gear stacked in the corner, but will be cool to tow it around with this

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey mate. sweet ute. had a b1600 and loved mine to bits. have got some spare lazy m hubcaps lying around if you want them. flick me a txt on 0273813295 if you are keen . also have a pair of door hinges and mabey some other bits ;)

• 2 weeks later...

cheers man! to be honest i don't know as its some weird looking writing maybe german or something on the can no english but i got it from R.J patterson paint supplies i can get a photo of the can tomorrow if you like? it seems to be pretty good stuff it does leave a bit of a textured finish and semi splattery but just top coated it with satin black and it looks all good, the guy at the shop recommended it. 

Awesome build mate. Loving the attention to detail. Personally I am think of a 13b conversion for my B1600 but am really interested to hear your thoughts and ideas on the MX5 motor setup as it will be a much smarter (in every sense of the term) motor swap idea.

Be4ver- cheers man it definitely tests your patience doing it to this extent! but hopefully in the end it will all be worth it.

Kiwi808-thanks, yeah rotor conversion would be cool but I'm building this too be my daily driver so I'm more keen on fuel economy, gaining twin cam and fuel injection will be good. pretty easy conversion by the looks of it a friend has already done one and i took photos of mounts ect, and he said the b1600 gearbox tail housing bolts to mx5 gearbox so don't need to touch driveshaft or gearbox mount. heres the photos

P1000171_zps5edf3dd0.jpg
P1000173_zps4f9f2f39.jpg
P1000172_zps2da65fcb.jpg
  • Like 2