Jordon's 1980 rg620 datsun

Jordon KE...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about these ute's specifically, but the white wellside looks 100% better than the green one, as the wheel arches match the fronts for a start. On the green one it doesn't look the same, but they're some pretty crappy photo's so not a good selling point by the supplier if he's trying to get you to go for the newer improved version..

if i had a choice i would go for the white style but they seem to be only making the green style now. Its photos from the manufacturer in Thailand... not sure why they sent such shit ones.

50376785.jpg

can't believe they just massacred one of the most beautiful wellsides ever made!!

holy shit!

but I have to go with the general consensus here; any wellside is better than no wellside. I'd def wanna see some better pics and I would probably relocate the taillights back to were they originally were (they look cool with the smooth round edges etc). Would be a lot of fucking around though.

The pumped guards...well I guess they are just asking for wide rims now!! Might also lend themselves to flares a bit better though...

• Like 2

50376785.jpg

can't believe they just massacred one of the most beautiful wellsides ever made!!

holy shit!

but I have to go with the general consensus here; any wellside is better than no wellside. I'd def wanna see some better pics and I would probably relocate the taillights back to were they originally were (they look cool with the smooth round edges etc). Would be a lot of fucking around though.

The pumped guards...well I guess they are just asking for wide rims now!! Might also lend themselves to flares a bit better though...

i've asked for more photos. yeah at the end of the day its better than no wellside and we can make it work. would this get around cert regulations for wider wheels? staying within original body panels?

Hard to tell from your pics but you realise there's long and short wheel base versions right? The tub pics are of a SWB version but LWB's are way more common in NZ and Straya, and probably what you've got.

I don't love the green version but they're terrible pics of a way to high 620, lowering would definitely help a lot and it's heaps better than a flat deck.

Cheers

Matt

that looks like a butchered 1200 one.

Old mate in thailand just decided to make one fit both obvs.

Personally i'd rather go a nice flat deck with tongue and groove rather than an oddball one. But hey, least it'll be a talking point and something different. I'm sure it'll look nice.

I ordered through auto parts industrial in auckland.

• Like 1

So at this stage i've decided not to go ahead with this as they haven't been able to get me a wheel base measurements and after looking at yours Sparkle i don't want to take the risk with something that doesn't have the original 620 shape. If they can get back to be with a wheelbase length i'll probably go ahead but have been waiting 2 weeks and nothing, quite dissapointing