Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

Hi Alex

in order to keep the rust and paint i suggest parking this at the local sheep farm for a week.

Failing that just rub some lanolin on everynow and tgen. Rust will stay a nice rust colour

i like tye lanocote spray. Its half fish oil and smells fantastic

• Like 2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if you can get it in NZ but in AUS there is a product called Morris Ankor Wax

Its pretty sweet as can just rub it on with a rag and leave it for a matt finish or polish it for more shine.

Lots of VW guys use it for their patina.

• Like 1

I'm bloody impressed you took that on and can you please write a thread on methods for gaining approval from the lady? this build has got me off the hook for the state of the vehicle I just brought home (yes I'm comparing a Viva to a Lada!) 

PS keep the beat up look, especially that dash!

I just sort of have to repair this car. Its not really worth anything left as is and I always wanted a HB wagon so here was my chance. I am hoping that once I have the sills on each side done then I will have done the worse bits. I know there is heaps more rust but nothing as critical to have to get right like a sill is. The tailgate that is currently fitted is comical for the amount of rust it has but I will be seeing how much I can get away with for a wof on it. From what I was told its to be solid near the mounts/hinges and catch and the window cant fall out of there to be sharp edges anywhere.?

What are you sealing the rust kill with? I was under the impression that it was only a temporary conversion and need sealing otherwise reverts back to oxide.. maybe I should bring my landau up and park it in your cavern..