Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this ^ totally the way to go for easy power. Considering how well it goes already with an out of tune unknown lowest of the low LC 1156 engine which cant be more than 50bhp. 70 bhp would be amazing! Whats annoying is that this car came from the factory with the HB90 70bhp engine but someone has pinched it.

And once you've fanged in a datto, you'll see why Japan buried the UK car makers.

Except in style. Come on bart.. nothing from Japan can compare to the sweet pininfarina lines of an ADO16 :-). Plus the standard handling and steering feel of the old japanese cars I've owned or driven doesn't match to any old Vauxhall I've driven.

But yeah.. datto(or any jap engine) engines replacing any pom engine makes so much sense.

• Like 4

Plus datto's are much lighter (and more water soluble too)

Less weight coupled with the proper amount if horsepower for a given displacement makes for all the fun.

Tis a shame you never experienced my a15 first hand.I should have given you a turn in it. Much regret.

• Like 1

Oh yeah for sure.. its a well known fact that the Japanese went to Britain, investigated and learned first hand how the Poms built cars. They then went back to Japan with this knowledge and a strong desire to do things better. Using their excellent work ethic and technology they refined the car building process and built cars that would rust even quicker!

• Like 3

Yeah make sure the carb is rebuilt or in good working order. But i never had to touch the jets etc.

Just bolted it on and away it went. It had much nicer throttle response and feel than the cd stromberg.

And even when cruising at a constant speed and then flooring it the result was much more noticeable.

sure its no rocket ship. But it seemed i didn't have to floor it all the time to get going.

• Like 1