Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

Loving your work man, hey where are you getting those little cutting wheels for your dremel? I have been using the ones that came with my Ozito rotary tool (couldn't afford a dremel) but they are so fragile they come to bits if you look at them wrong. Really handy but some stronger ones would be the go

I just ordered some more off ebay UK and hannah will bring them back next week. But available via ebay US or amazon quite a bit chepaer than NZ. They are these ones here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180981409590?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The speed click abour works a treat! way quicker then messing about with little spanners etc. I have only broken one disc and that was because I dropped the tool. Honestly- for tidy rust removal a Dremel or equivalent with these is awesome!!! I had bought a cheap dremel rip off in the UK just before coming home, i think $60 for the tool and loads of bits in a big case. Its chinese and really shit. As soon as I tried to cut into quality steel it would just slow to a stall. So more recently I bought another new Dremel and its great.

Btw- I dont work for Dremel. But I will take their money if they offer.....

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it is time for a new page on your main thread, the pictures are taking an age to load now.

Dont worry- lots more rust to fill more pages with. IM not doing the photos large file size (unlike sheepers A1 poster size) so they should load OK?

Holy crap this is awesome! 

I'm going to post my colt down to you with a box of salami in the boot... just send it back when done ;)

haha, seriously though, smashing work...

actually... could post you the front guards... hmmm food for thought

• Like 1

Yeah- I just copy and paste it across.  I have done for most my threads because I was posting on RR for quite a while before I came back to NZ so I know quite a few of the guys there. Hard to stay on top of RR though so many bloody cars on there and half of them are not really 'retro' or classic. Big can o worms that though....

Holy crap this is awesome! 

I'm going to post my colt down to you with a box of salami in the boot... just send it back when done ;)

haha, seriously though, smashing work...

actually... could post you the front guards... hmmm food for thought

Im always up for more work. Anything I can do in the shed that avoids me having to travel to the big smoke for contract work is all good!!!

• Like 1

I have trouble maintaining interest in RR anymore simply due to the sheer volume of participants, many in cars I'd not call retro by any stretch of the imagination but it's obviously a market that is working well for David, assuming he's still in charge of it all.

Also, after many years of using the OS split discussion thread idea, reading through build threads on other forums does my head in a little.

Also, also. Good work on this Viva, sir. Were it not so cold down here at the moment and had I my hoist in, I would join you in some hoisted sill repairs!

Yeah its hard to keep up on there but it's worth it for some of the gems. I just bookmark the ones I like and ignore the rest. Sadly one of my favourite builders has just died of cancer two weeks ago :-(

I do love the separation of build thread and discussion on here too!

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I'm liking this.  

I always had a soft spot for these. 

And I'm watching the rust repairs learning, picking up tips and seeing the correct progression of the repairs.  I must go check out some folding vids on u tube.

What did you have to do to the little e21 in the shot??

I just had a look into my crystal ball and I foresee a full time business repairing old cars in your shed in 12 months for now.

Hopefully the work will keep coming in..it sure is great not commuting anymore although it's hard not just dossing in the sun. I need to stay focused.

What did you have to do to the little e21 in the shot??

Its in for cancer surgery. Neat little car!

Sorry to hear you got dem aids. Sounds like the sickness that I had while in Hanmer. I will be coming for a visit when the stars align.

Yeah I blame either you or sam. I did drink from govenersams hip flask too. Plus so many random hugs. Could be aids from anyone. But yes.. please visit and bring mtb.

Don't give up on your dreams Alex, v12 or bust...

Would be so cool and a great project to get stuck into. I've already measured up the bay with dimensions from that BAD MAN bairdy. Would need much bulkhead repositioning. But wow.. imagine it.. a glorious v12 still clothed in the manky skin that is a cruddy old viva wag.

Neat little folder where did you get it I'm a bit reluctant to buy one of these cheap Chinese jobs on trademe

Machinery house. Very handy having removable different sized fingers for folding box sections etc.

• Like 1