D1RTY6's 1970 C50

D1RTY6

Hi Guys, 

Pretty new to the bike/moped game but i am already hooked! 

Started off with this little 87 FA50 i brought at the start of the year

tftuhpkn.4jh.jpg

It did me well and i rode it to work most sunny days, but just didn't quite have the top end i was after

So sold the Fa to the mrs and brought this of a fellow oldschooler "Rob"

oqlxwxq0.zkw.jpg

as per tittle its a 1970 C50

It has been retrofitted with  an unknown 90cc engine (4 speed manual), has a top end of around 75km at the moment.

has been converted to 12v aswell

Paints in pretty poor condition and few things missing but it seems like a pretty honest bike. 

Pic dump

5suazkbm.xdu.jpg

2bsjrjrl.qsa.jpg

v3l1i2cj.rhu.jpg

msv24nm4.vri.jpg

iw315ze1.pmy.jpg

Took it for a run up the port hills on Saturday, hauls up the hills   :P

dnrwsowu.hlt.jpg

Plan is to figure out what the engine is in it, Chop it up,  paint it and ride it 

• Like 5

So i pulled these off a old pitbike i had out at my old mans, bit ruff but they should clean up nicely

lu5vbt15.vvc.jpg

bii1mkax.lyy.jpg

Any body done a similar conversion? 

need to find where i can get a new throttle set up that will fit the new bars...as you can see the one on there is held together with tape haha

Cool project dude.

Haven't seen anyone fit pit bike forks to a c50. I've got ct90 forks on my c50. Bolt on conversion.

Throttle assembly should be picked up off trade me. Just type in pit bike throttle assembly. Will the 17" c50 wheel fit in the pit bike ? Or are you runnin the pit bike front wheel ?

Cool project dude.

Haven't seen anyone fit pit bike forks to a c50. I've got ct90 forks on my c50. Bolt on conversion.

Throttle assembly should be picked up off trade me. Just type in pit bike throttle assembly. Will the 17" c50 wheel fit in the pit bike ? Or are you runnin the pit bike front wheel ?

They are more or less a bolt on aswell, everything matches up as far as i could tell from testing it out this weekend, The pit bike wheels where 17's as well so the original C50 should fit in there just fine! 

The are off one of these http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/181173935501_1_0_1/1000x1000.jpg

even have the little expansion chamber exhaust, its odd as they are a 4 stroke so not sure why they have the expansion chamber.... might try fit it see what i looks like....

Yea, that was my first thought about the throttle assembly but i didn't know what the OG C50 is set up like (only thing i didn't end up looking at in the weekend) has it just got the standard cylinder thing on the end of the wire that will be universal to other set ups? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

the stem plate off a ct90 fits with a bit of tinkering - check out the 'zero bucks cub' from chalopy, that shows how he did his one - or im sure the qcr boys have a few ideas.

search chalopy for ct90 and it comes up

• Like 1

• 1 year later...