jtc3d's MS65 Crown build

jtc3d

Cool man. Approve of what you're doing. Awesome motors and awesome cars. Any questions just ask. But yes. What car did your 2jz come out of? Thete is another giy on here doing the same swap. Cant remember his user name. But his name is Matt. He is in welly. Migjt have some pointers different to mine

Cool man. Approve of what you're doing. Awesome motors and awesome cars. Any questions just ask. But yes. What car did your 2jz come out of? Thete is another giy on here doing the same swap. Cant remember his user name. But his name is Matt. He is in welly. Migjt have some pointers different to mine

Thanks man,

oh there will be questions! this is my first build so, I'm learning as I go.

The engine/trans came out of an 01 Altezza Gita, and fit into the Crown pretty sweet. It needs a little bit of facrication for the shifter linkage and new mounts of course. But other than that it fit like a dream! I'm a little daunted about the wiring, and considering shelling out for to get it done at a shop.

The car isn't actually in Welly with me, it's stored in the Coromandel. So if anyone knows a good auto electrican around the Auckland/Tuaranga/Hamilton area. Give me a shout out.

I think I've seen Matt's build? Although I may be thinking of yours Seedy? I'll catch up on my build threads. :wink:

what was wrong wit the 4M?

Nothing a re-build couldn't fix. Most of the problem is probably due to the car sitting for so long. I want the car to run reliably so a modern engine seemed like the best choice given my limited engine knowledge. And those Toyota inline 6's are so similar block wize, they interchange pretty easily.

I might get an engine stand for the 4m and strip it down for practice at some point.

You're a 4M fan Sheepers, is it worth keeping? The old dog doesn't have many other fans from what I can tell. :blackeye:  :shock:

dont ever call me a 4M fan again.  :-)

anywho they are crap but my one seems to have not shit itself yet which is a small miracle. 

id be super keen on buying the head off it if its going to be available. 

Hah ha! I've wondered why you kept your 4M? It's beautifully re-built, but still a 4M! It's not out of love, by the sound of it. :-D

I'll have a think about selling the head. It's got the standard wear of a 40 year old engine, and I know the rocker arms need replacing. I'd be more inclined to sell the whole engine and trans if you'd take it?

PM if you want to chat about it some more.

Sheepers got pie crumbs on the engine number and thought it was something superior to a 4M till he licked the crumbs off after installing in the car and by then it was too late

Always blow on the pie crumbs!

Safer communities together. :wink: 

awsome looking crown,looks to be very straight and the chrome in mint nick which is hard to find.any info on how you came about it? did you do the panel and paint? this is the 4th 2jz conversion into a ms65 that i know of now,along with matts from welly,mine and one up in aucks.will be watching this one

awsome looking crown,looks to be very straight and the chrome in mint nick which is hard to find.any info on how you came about it? did you do the panel and paint? this is the 4th 2jz conversion into a ms65 that i know of now,along with matts from welly,mine and one up in aucks.will be watching this one

Cheers man,

it's your builds that ultimately made me choose a 2JZ-GE. I started with dreams of 1UZ-FE and 2JZ_GTE's (as you do), but as I did more research they turned out to be more trouble than they were worth.

The car belonged to a Hamilton family for 30 years and 2 generations. It was resprayed the origional colour in the late 90's, or early 00's. My old man bought it and stored it for the last 7 years.

It's super straight both inside and outside. Nothing but a bit of surface rust in the engine bay. Just one of those cars that don't come round very often, so I had to pick it up. Only the engine was poked, but that only made it easier to toss out for an upgrade. :-D

Nice to see another crown build, looks pretty mint too.. should be a great cruiser

Thanks dude,

yeah, I have no aspirations to over power this car. Other than some light cam work and a set of extractors (mostly just for the "presence" of the thing). I'll keep it auto and cruise-able.

Hah. These 2jz's are plenty powerful for the handling epicness that is a crown.

Mounts look sweet.

Cheers dude,

We can chat about improving the "epic handling" in the future. Far, far into the future! :wink:

Yuh I wouldn't do headers or cams really, just get it going. Will sound rad without headers and just good exhaust, NA 2J can do easy skids on the brake, what more do you need.

True that.

Any engine work is way down the track! The focus (like you said) is to get it on the road. And big billowing smoke out the back with a straight pipe is all I need. 8)

• 2 months later...

nice work,did you just keep the factory chassis mounts and make 2jz mounts to suit/

how much room is between the chassis and motor for exhaust?where you able to reuse the crown radiator?

sorry for all the questions,im about to start my conversion