jtc3d's Toyota Crown MS65

jtc3d

The first order of business was to remove the front to get the old 4m out. Also, the bald guy is my father, not me. He'll pop up from time to time as I take shots of the build. It's his garage the car's stored in, and his experience/tools I'm borrowing to get shit done. He's a good old bastard!  :wink:

13505199715_1d18dca9dc.jpg

• Like 1

And here are the two power plants side by side. The 2J looked huge next to the 4m and I was getting nervous about it fitting. That was until it came off the crate and sat on the ground next to the 4M (what a muppet). :doubt:

13505324773_9909ccfabf.jpg

• Like 1

So, that's all the shots I have uploaded so far. As I get time I'll put them up and add to the thread. I need to start a discussion thread for this also, so I'll look into doing that asap. But if you know you're stuff and you want to discuss, flick me a message as to how to sort it out. That would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.

So, that's all the shots I have uploaded so far. As I get time I'll put them up and add to the thread. I need to start a discussion thread for this also, so I'll look into doing that asap. But if you know you're stuff and you want to discuss, flick me a message as to how to sort it out. That would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.

Sorted!

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/42944-jtc3ds-ms65-crown-build/

With the engine sitting in place, we started work on the trans and engine mounts.

13655486034_9574cfd004.jpg

13655213413_57a7445eeb.jpg

I'm no expert at this so I'd be interested in hearing what you think of our mounts. I think we over-engineered them, but maybe not?!?

13655181013_501a3a9133.jpg

Mounted.

13655203195_c7b2b00cde.jpg

13655242523_1c6efbdfa0.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

it's been a while, but this project has been moving along all the while. As of now it's waiting for certification in Tauranga. So much has been done, but I don't have photos for all of it. Let me try and remember all of what's been done in this time and I'll put up some photos where I have them.

Next, extractors and exhaust.

Since the factory exhaust manifold didn't fit it had to be cut. I can't say it's the prettiest job in the world, but it'll get the car on the road and I can get something sweeter fabricated in the future. With a turbo manifold perhaps?!

14261749080_2288f30c46_z.jpgimage_6 by toyota2jzcrownbuild, on Flickr

14447004512_4a53e1fe68_z.jpgimage_5 by toyota2jzcrownbuild, on Flickr