austin owner's 1975 austin 1300 (discussion)

Greenie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine choice of car, sir.

• So when you say you're going to make it more original, do you mean getting the bright work back to being bright? (bumper, grill, door mirrors etc)

• What year is it registered as? '74 or '75?

• If it's '74, pay tax up until Janurary 2015 and save yourself a bit of coin for when it turns 40.

• How's the interior looking? They tend to be hard wearing from the ones you see for sale.

• Do you have a Haynes Book of Lies? If not, get one and any other sort of workshop material, that shit is useful.

PS More pics _b

• Like 1

Fine choice of car, sir.

• So when you say you're going to make it more original, do you mean getting the bright work back to being bright? (bumper, grill, door mirrors etc)

• What year is it registered as? '74 or '75?

• If it's '74, pay tax up until Janurary 2015 and save yourself a bit of coin for when it turns 40.

• How's the interior looking? They tend to be hard wearing from the ones you see for sale.

• Do you have a Haynes Book of Lies? If not, get one and any other sort of workshop material, that shit is useful.

PS More pics _b

its registered as a 75 but was sold as 74. 

yeah im keeping the bumpers and light rings black at the moment because of i don't think it'll look good with the matt green paint, so ill wait until its a decent colour, and as for the mirrors they are after market modern ones so im just going to replace them with some chrome ones later on too. 

ill put more picture up today of the interior and engine bay as well as problem areas 

Looks good man, I actually quite like the look of it with the black bumpers etc.

More pictures!

thanks! :) yeah i dont mind them too much ay, something different.

ill have more pictures later today :) 

Loving that roof rack you whipped up.

Man leave the blacked out chrome and color! It looks a little badass which is hard for any Austin 1300.

That rack is sweeeet.

thanks guys :) i finished the roof rack today and found an old beer crate in the shed, looks mean. check it out -  HERE

1. I can't believe someone bought this we drank lots of bourbon in the fine steed

2. I think I have a fuel cap in the shed I will have a look otherwise there is a guy down the road who imports parts

3. You a homo needs moa slam like when we had it

1. I can't believe someone bought this we drank lots of bourbon in the fine steed

2. I think I have a fuel cap in the shed I will have a look otherwise there is a guy down the road who imports parts

3. You a homo needs moa slam like when we had it

hahaha yeah well i wanted it even before i found out simon brought it, so i though why no finish it off. 

a fuel cap would be great if you can find one thanks.

hahahah yeah planning on it, got to do it without getting green stickered like simon though....

Pahahahaha hasa those welds were ace (y) we were semi chopped when he did that that was the second time it had collapsed

hahahahah that explains why only the bottom side was done, hopefully it doesn't happen again. yeah simon said it had happened before.

i looked into those, but they all have the thread on the inside of the tube, where as this car has a thread on the out side,

i lockable one would be good but the one i just got works better than a dish cloth so ill stick with that until i find a good one :)