Advokit's AE85 Trueno Notch Jap Style Build

advokit

oh yeh, i grabbed that.  kinda surprised it was there a month after car arrived.  doing similar thing, using ae86 kouki rear with ma45 brakes but into a ke74.  then shorten the ma45 rear for the ke26 with te71 brakes.

ma45 and ae86/te71 have the same 60mm diameter locator size.   not sure what you mean?

It would be more like a 1/2-1/2 way.  works in both directions but doesn't lock up like a ramping 2way.

It looks like T3 sell the www.weirperformance.com maxgrip lsd rebuild parts so you may like to check the original website out too.

Yeah, I was optimistic that the diff would be there. I actually hoping it may have been an MA46 but no luck.... an F series would have been mint. The MA45 rear brake conversion is meant to be really good, Steve Wilcock uses it in his Rally car and reckons that his Wilwood upgrade was better but not $$$ wise compared.

Im starting to think the rotors I have are S14 Silvia non turbo ones. From what I can see they are exactly the same size so that would explain the centre bore issue. Genuine rotors are rare as rocking horse shit new so I think ill buy a pair of S14ones for $80 and make an adapter/locator.

Ok cool. It seems they lock up-ish ok as there are guys drifting with them after shimming them. I did see the weir ones and wondered if it was the same. Maybe one day when I have more $$$ I can grab a TRD LSD.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drift with the F series version from jdm rt132 corona 2000GT which is identical to the US ma46 supra.  same disk setup as jdm ma45.

Hand brake entry was shit with the te71 brakes but the ma45 were pretty decent with 195-50-15.  slicks are too grippy for them though.

Disks can be imported from the states.  I see you can buy complete new aftermarket rear calipers and seal kits from here too.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1278389,a,Ad%2BCode%2B

ive bought spare disks from here and callum in gisborne has too..  ie us$30 rotors and it ends up being iirc $180 landed for a pair.

genuine toyota rebuild kits are discontinued but can still buy oem te71 levin kits which are basically the same.

ma45 rear disk rotor dimensions are here

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1280080&cc=1278389

• 10 months later...

Im glad I read your bulid. I didnt even think about changing the rear brake proportioning valve. Doing a te71 disk brake rear end into an ae70 1983 4dr so I guess i need to chanage the rear valve. Wonder if you can still get ae86s ones new still or if there are any other ways around it? Ive heard of people gutting them... sounds abit sus tho

• 3 months later...

Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I think you may be able to buy them new, I got mine from Motorfix in Japan 2nd hand. I looked at gutting the internals but not sure if that gives you the correct brake bias.

The other options I considered were an adjustable brake bias (wilwood or similar) in the engine bay or trying to find an aerly 90s Toyota (non ABS) that may fit in its place.

I would be interested to hear how you got on.

• 1 month later...

haha good things take time and life chucks everything else in the way also, yeah look forward to seeing a vid of it on a track, its now got me wondering wether i could fit a set of those itbs to my NA motor in my ute to ditch the carb! keep up the good work

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just read through from start to finish, looks great! Just make sure you've got plenty of thread engagement on that rear engine hook (i.e a longer bolt than the one that usually lives there) - had a blacktop on a crane yesterday with a hook mounted there with the original bolt, pulled the bolt clean out of the head! Luckily it gave out just as we were lining up the mounts so it didn't have far to drop...

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just read your build man, nice work! Love the colour of the starsharks too :-D I'm impressed with your brakes upgrade and front struts! I visited Sakai-san a few years back and now rock a Motorfix banner on my Levin's windscreen. What a nice guy (and nice family). I look forward to seeing how your build progresses and get together one day!

Cheers

Jordan

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. Yeah it's progressing quite quickly now. Started it last night! Trying to get it going for track day next weekend but we will see. Def keen to link withere like minded 86 owners, watch this space. Should be posting up more progress over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...