Berjjj's two wheeled adventures

Berjjj

Some of you may know I picked up this v50 a while back off P_star, who also lent me a helmet (thanks mate)

wedl.jpg

49cc of 2 stroke fury, it's been serving me well as a general run around, getting me to work, smoking up a storm etc.

Plans are to keep this one as it is really, with the addition of a leg shield and the missing rear pod (both incoming).

So yeah I have a problem, enter the project c50.

865r.jpg

hu0i.jpg

Got it running, went for a hoon which was mega lols due to an exhaust with more rust than steel. (Looking for one in good nick if anyone has it kicking around).

Then proceeded to make a mess on the driveway.

d3cz.jpg

(Note the essentials strewn everywhere, 2 hammers + screwdrivers as pry bars)

Frame almost stripped except for the stem

apl0.jpg

Bastard nut holding progress, anyone know where to get the right socket/tool?

grdn.jpg

Bit of damage on the rear guard (+ a touch of rust)

evc7.jpg

Also bought a pretty sweet helmet/bubble shield combo, so damn comfortable.

brfg.jpg

Now I'm unsure what to do with the c50, it's really solid bar the rear guard so I'm hesitant to chop it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good metal worker that could sort the damage? Would need to be a metal only job as I'm thinking of getting the lot sandblasted then powdercoated.

Pros/cons to powdercoating? Issues with colour matching plastic bits? Seems far more economical than a full paint job to me, but hell, I know nothing.

Thinking a lifan 125cc motor will go well in this, with a bit of a gearing change to increase top end speed.

Might go with a manual if I can figure out if the clutch will work on the scooter, otherwise semi auto.

Anyway, comments/criticism welcome. Help a brother out, or tell me I'm nuts.

• Like 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah clever! No welder though, but I'm thinking of getting a large socket and grinding away everything but 4 prongs maybe. Not sure if it'll hold up.

Honda motorcycle oil pumps have the same weird nut thing. What's the diameter of yours? I have a socket you could borrow if it fits. The official service tools are just sockets with prongs, mine is a ground socket like you say. Printed a paper template and went at it with a grinder. Piece of thick pipe would probably do just fine too.

Honda motorcycle oil pumps have the same weird nut thing. What's the diameter of yours? I have a socket you could borrow if it fits. The official service tools are just sockets with prongs, mine is a ground socket like you say. Printed a paper template and went at it with a grinder. Piece of thick pipe would probably do just fine too.

Rough measurement brings the nut to about 25ish mm? Appreciate the offer & might have to take you up on that if it doesn't free up soon. Will keep hammering away .

Weld a bar onto it and chop your frame into something wild!

Haha love it, I'll stick with something a bit more sedate though. The frame is too solid to alter completely. Thinking of chopping the rear guard though & lower for sure.

• 3 months later...

Well I managed to completely disassemble the c50, it's now sitting in boxes in the garage.
Thing is, I get distracted easily...

sdk7l4.jpg

Was saving to purchase a gs650e that was on sale by a member, but it just wasn't feasible with rego costs being circa $500. This came up, had to get it.

you can buy a socket to fit that at a bycicle shop i think. penny farthings has lots of tools. will cost like 5 dolla. its the same type of thing as some BB shells and also headsets. i always just use a punch or hook spanner  thing from my ducati tool box if it fits. i broke all of my old english ones on rusted up BBs lowl. cast iron or something but low quality. the ducati one is tool steel

Dam nice bike there! 

Looks great even tho I had to turn puta upside down to see haha...

Cheers, still gutted about the gs though, hope that thing goes to a good home or you keep it! Is the photo upside down or something?

edit: odd, tablet showed it right way round, fixed

You still want some all metal fabrication done? I'm in Otara. I done some hammer welding... I love it!

Thanks for the offer man, that project has been put on hold till I get the s90 done, will drop you a pm in the future for sure.