fiend's Left Hook E3

kyteler

Nah, last I saw it, it was factory and I'm fairly certain Chris sold it in that state, I think the most he did was wheels and height due to novelty factor of the car.

I went to school with Chris and bumped into him randomly after I moved back down here and he had it then, that was a few years ago now though.

Oh real? Thats pretty good to know haha :) Yeah, when I got it, it was on cutties with the most whorey lowering block setup ever.. The guy 'modded' the radiator to suit the 1UZ by turning it  upside down, so the bung is now at the top of the tank -.- I've heard the S15/ Commodore radiators have the perfect outlets for a 1UZ so i'm hoping i'll get an Alloy one for an Xmas pressie from someone. 

Was it red when he had it? Or the yuk toyota yellow? 

Agreed.

Though if you do have to cut, start with just removing the internal skeleton, checking clearance and if that doesn't work I'm sure there's an E3 version of a bonnet that has a hump in the centre, if that one still doesn't clear then cut along the edges of said raise and add the smallest increment possible to attain clearance so to the untrained eye it still looks completely stock.

Hahahah yeah, been told not to cut up the TE31 bonnet as they're rare as rocking horse shit and worth some decent coin. I've got a few different Ke3# bonnets luckily in storage so thats no problem, otherwise if it does have to come down to cutting it up completely, i'll find a rusty or just buy a brand new fibreglass one.. 

I'm happy with a 2cm/3cm bulge in the bonnet, and i'll get it painted so it still kind of looks factory until you get close, but got to get the mounts sorted out first. 

The engine ones are pretty whorey, so my old man is going to make me up some that look nicer/ stronger and hopefully sit the engine a tad lower..

Also been considering 'hug fit' type extractors like on the big chevvy v8's/ a winged sump so I don't rip it off going out the driveway.