rivalrx

Rivalrx - 1972 Mazda 618 Coupe

191 posts in this topic

I agree - the rear panel looks killer. I have a complete rx2 beaver panel, lights and garnish that will remain a wall hanging for now, as it's likely I keep this look.

The auto badge haha yea.....I need to double side tape the garnish on and this particular one has all the pins in tact on the back. My mate has another one with no pins, so I probably will get that as I'm loathed to cut the pins if someone else can use the original un-messed with one.

6 of us bought a tyre machine and balancer last week - this will be stashed in a mates shed and should save us loads on trye changing etc. That and earn us beer money for letting others use it. Some tyre places charge like wounded bulls for tyre removal/fitting.

Yep the 616 rear lights / garnish FTW.

surely the 616 coupe would be one of the rarer piston'd mazda's around?

There is a guy on the North Shore who restored one. Keeping the 4 banger and 4x4 ride height. It's probably the only stock 616 coupe in NZ that's currently running and road legal?

Riiight - now that RE union and the nats are done and dusted, I'm able to cobble together manpower to help piece together the sled.

Just a couple more engine bay coats remaining and then we can get the front end in.

Diff should be in this week

1 person likes this

I picked up some hi tensile bolts and 'cone lock' nuts. The guy told me there is no need for spring washers if you use 'cone lock' nuts?

Anyone know if this is the case and if they are all good, can the 'cone lock' nuts be removed without compromising the 'cone lock' properties?

Engine bay looks like it came out well. I guess the front end is going in next?

1 person likes this

Yea - next steps...

Front struts, steering, sway bar and arms in = rolling

extend oil pick up and then I can put the sump on. Then box and this all can be mounted in the car.

Plenty more things to do also...stress

FINALLY it's rolling

happy happy joy joy

1 person likes this

the 13b is in the hole...happy as!

2 people like this