Rivalrx - 1972 Mazda 618 Coupe

rivalrx

Cool. I got the 13" tyres with OG white walls from USA and they are spanking new. Might sell the steelies as I have a set of rx2 steelies and 323 steelies to sell.

For the sedan steelies I will give you a good price and come and pick them up.. if you want, when you're ready.. : )

• Like 1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sedan steelies I will give you a good price and come and pick them up.. if you want, when you're ready.. : )

Sweet as mate - will let you know. 2 of the steelies are new mazda ones one came with the car as a spare and I got 1 used one. Pitty I didn't have all the rx2 coupe ones there at the time as I would have whacked them on. The sedan steelies have 616 hub caps too so I need to establish if I want to sell them.

I picked up some genuine SSR mk3 14" x 6" in 4 x 110 that I am looking at dishing and rebuilding. Pretty rare to find these in old school mazda stud.

I am after 13x 7 spitties...

Lols at people asking 500 for an old arse heater unit, I unfortunately threw mine out and all associated piping when we last moved.

(not help spam)

Build looks like its going swell dude  :-)

Yeah classic aye. I might have found a heater at a mates pad so will rummage this weekend as I'm sure I will find what I'm after if I look hard enough.

Your 61 is looking as killer as usual. Track weapon soon?

Are you going to cut the rear inner guard and front inner guard out to fit 10.5 & 11's? For rear would also need to move the tramp bar mounts inwards and chassis rail.

Or just have them hang outside guard styles?

Gaz

I don't want to widen the mk3s too much - the ones in the pic are just reference. Truth be told I will more than likely roll 13x7 spitties as I don't want to go too extreme at this stage...I just want it going and legal....then I can change bits.

Oh the mk3s would look mint as!

For the rears.. if my calcs are correct and you shorten your diff by a bit and get 4 new sheels made up then you will be able to run 14x9.5s flush with outside of guard. Legal offset also, anything more and the offset becomes illegal to cert.

Gaz

• Like 1

If I one day roll hilux diff I guess I could dish em. I agree it would look cool and that's a hell of a lot of dish!! I might just hang onto them then.

My rudimentary calculations gave me them sitting flush....maybe too flush...if I added 2" lips???

Pine engineering in chch do 2" lips for circa $200 per wheel and they split the rims on a lathe (3 piece welded) and add the lips for $40.

14x 8" for an additional $1000...would be rude not do dish them more...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got right hand drive heater and blower unit off an Aussie RX2 so that's all sorted now. I will have to fab some ducts up.

I also got an array of nolathane bushes too in the deal that I need to see where they all go as they appear to be in good condition. Buying the heater bits from Aussie plus shipping still was cheaper than in NZ. Go figure.