Speeno's Fifty Chebby.

kyteler

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think the roof will look OK once you sit the sills level. It shares a similar gradient to the front screen really, I guess leveling the sill might make the rear incline a little more but I'll do chop at some point to see. Probably wait until you've got the front end on. I wouldn't be too worried about re-doing it anyway unless you wanted to go all out 3" tall window spec/destroy the cars shape completely.

Edit: It looks as though that one has a slightly less taken out height wise too though, maybe an inch less.

The roof isn't terrible man, but I would prefer it to be a bit lower at the back, the similar gradient to the front is what irks me. Way way down the list anyway, can be rolling it around in matty B epoxy primer and decide to do that later, be sweet to just drive it up and get it done. Same with the interior and making side glass all optional extras.

Sweet score man. My Father-in-law has one of these. Its a 4 door '51 chev running a 383 SBC, 4 link rear end, Ford 9inch with LSD and a Jag front end with powersteering.

I can scope you some pics if you want reference, Might be a good source of old timey knowledge?

Also I think the Roof looks alright. leave it alone and make the car look like this....

51-chevy-deluxe-custom-car-14.jpg