clintus' Valiant Hardtop

kyteler

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My coupe had the chalk under the dash too. I had thought it should say 6H23 though? (it was two decades ago, so my memory is haaaaazy)

Mine also had the rough as guts hole where the shifter went  through, and the done in a hurry. hardtops were 'straya made, so you can't expect too much. From memory, the same craftsman also eased the inner guard to clear the power steering too.

• Like 1

Cool Car. Mate of mine has had several of these over the years. The one he had that was the twin of yours came home, wife took one look at it and said that is mine. 

One of the great things is that all the body panels are available from the US, but I'm sure you know this already

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Awesome looking vehicle. The chassis rail connectors, why the need? Are you significantly increasing the engine output? Is it required for cert/race legalities etc? Are you worried the chassis will twist, how is established that it is still safe in a crash? The job you have done looks very tidy by the way.

• Like 1

Awesome looking vehicle. The chassis rail connectors, why the need? Are you significantly increasing the engine output? Is it required for cert/race legalities etc? Are you worried the chassis will twist, how is established that it is still safe in a crash? The job you have done looks very tidy by the way.

Valiants only have a front and rear subframe so theres really not a lot in the middle tying it together , apart from the sills, so they do flex a reasonable amount. stiffer suspension and more power make it more of an issue. My other car (a vg sedan) was noticeably better after putting something similar in it- you can jack it up on an angle and you can still open and shut the doors now, where before they were harder to close because the door catch didnt line up. The 2 door body is worse as it has no b-pillar, and the floor has an extension in it (factory)

It is going to have a lot more power than original,

i am also going to fit a rollcage as well that will tie into the floor at the front, center and rear

cheers!

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

How much rubber do you think will fit in there now?

also, I have the same chrysler flag too. Damn trademe.........

Its 370mm from guard inner lip to the rail, because of the taper of the guard, that goes down to a bit narrower, should still have 320 mm up in the guard to allow for full suspension travel. So I should be able to run a 10" rim with a 275 tyre easily
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...