clintus' Valiant Hardtop

kyteler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, once you have torn down that nipped up teen, I have a lead on VERY cheap overhual kits for SBM's.

I scored gaskets, big and and mains bearings, and hastings moly rings for $112usd. plus postage. And I'm up on the play with pistons too. The is an SBM Magnum piston, which has a wide enough distance between the pin bosses to accept an LA conrod. (An issue apparently) Which has a 1.755 compression distance. Much much better than the eye water-ingly low compression of 1.720 that most bargin basement psitons have. I even have some 40 over slugs with a 1.668! Which is so shit I wont even put the motor together.........

Jolly good show old chap!

one day (hopefully a long time from now) I'm going to inherit another hardtop.

Any leads on why it seized?

I am getting very mopar fizzed after helping the old man fit up his 340/418 SBM to his VF hardtop on sunday.

not sure why its siezed, was going to have a chat more about the history behind it when the guy has a bit more time, has been sitting since 1985 so might just be lack of use.

ahh.....unfortunately the purchase of this used up all my spare $ so im probably going to have to give OSN 2014 a miss now...... i just knew id kick myself on a daily basis if i didnt buy it

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still have enough time to save for an air fare to CHCH.

And then you can bum a ride with someone. I intend to be moparing. (one way or another) So fly down, And I'll give you a ride. Nats without Cletus, would be like crate day without beer!

plan= pinch the stock carb/manifold/exhaust off the coupe and fit to the ute, sell ute.

rebuild the 318 out of the coupe, fit carb/manifold/headers off ute to 318, put in my white VG.

do panel, paint, half cage, tubs, etc and put turbo motor in coupe, do skids

this sounds like a sound plan, this thing will look and go awesome, pro street FTW!

• 1 year later...

VE front clip would look awesome, would make it so much more like a dart!

You will need to shorten the VG front clip and or change the front support from memory. (VE guards bonnet etc are a bit different obviously)

Maybe just get it going first them think about it haha

• Like 1