SRAGE'S Datto 1200 COUPE

danger

Title made me laugh.

Does the LHD thing restrict you as to what carbs/exhaust you can run without things bashing into other stuff? 

Surely one of the chch datsun crew can hook you up with a 60 series 5 speed box and you just swap to cable?

Does the LHD 56 box have extra castings etc to take the slave cyl? seems weird they go to hydraulic

Title made me laugh.

Does the LHD thing restrict you as to what carbs/exhaust you can run without things bashing into other stuff?

Surely one of the chch datsun crew can hook you up with a 60 series 5 speed box and you just swap to cable?

Does the LHD 56 box have extra castings etc to take the slave cyl? seems weird they go to hydraulic

The Dellorto's are the only carbs I've tried so far so not sure about other options and how LHD is going to affect them but currently they're about a mil off the master cylinder so no option of running filters on them. The headers had to be bashed about a bit to make them fit as they hit on the steering box.

I have to be completely honest and say that the gearbox issue is a bit beyond my knowledge base. Don rattled off a few things last night that may be different between the 56 and 60 series so it's just going to be a case of pulling it out and having a look at different set up options. Yes it is very weird that they go hydraulic, haven't' looked at the hydraulic set up yet though so unsure of casting etc, not even sure if it is a 56 or 60.

Surprisingly enough you're not the first person to mention a RHD conversion. But I agree with the others that it being LHD is awesome lol just means a little bit more effort in making it fit all work, but so worth it :-)

With no trumpets/filters though, as they are hard up against the master cyl.

Tho that won't stop the dort. Hah.

If they were boosted then could maby get extra clearance to wack some trumpets on there by relocating the booster.

If not boosted. Continue as is.

Either way, this thing is choice!