kyteler

Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

175 posts in this topic

Think one of the other wires may be a pick up for the Safari tachometer, I could be way off though as it's been fucking ages since I looked into diesel stuff.

I think the tacho pickup is the one that sits in behind the injector pully (and is mounted to the font cover thingy). The common plug on the pumps is the fuel shutoff solenoid. Fuck knows what the other one does, will just pretend its not there.

hmmm......

weird that it would turn.

wonder if either hammered the front gear to much trying to get it off, or over choocked it putting it back together.

It will rotate the wrong way, but not the right way. Spare pump goes both ways (pewuhuhuhu). So I suspect/hope it's something simple. Waiting to see how many limbs it will cost to get a diesel shop to take a look/service it

Dieselmeken is THE diesel dude in the world, just send you pump to him and it will come back with like 300 hp of dieselness inside.

So it's a DOHC then?

Ratshit!

Run the NA cam for more power in the turb engine?    /Does that rule of thumb apply to diesels?

Not sure its as easy as that. But research will tell you.

However profiles maybe different,  and then setting up tappet clearance might be a cunt

Side note. Might now also have bent valves.  As cams don't usually break for no reason. 

12 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Side note. Might now also have bent valves.  As cams don't usually break for no reason. 

Yeh good point. Any point in me taking the head off, or a lost cause haha?

Um. That depends on how much you wanna spend I guess.  I would wait until you find out if you can find a cam. Or even another head. 

Assume you need a turbo cam/they're specific?  I could pull the cam out of my old NA motor if you need it.

Tried googling but couldn't find out. I assume they are different. Could be keen to give it a crack tho....but as al says there is likely something else fucked/a reason for cam snapping

I know the cams on that L are the same,  turbo or non turbo. But I know nothing about rd's

Is it worth flicking Bobbybreeze a pm to see if the cam wizard has some insight?