Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

I'm curious about your offset calculations. Did you use another wheel as a guide?

I used your mum as a guide.

/the current wheels are 14x6, +15 so I rubbed my hands all over them (again, like your mum) so figure out how much room there is.. Not a heap of room on the inside, so dont want to go too much more inbaord /who the fuck wants extra width inboard anyway. And being realist there is only room for another inch or so of "poke" (or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days).

So crunching those numbers means a 7" rim with zero offset will be about the same position (give or take a couple of mm) on the inside of the rim, and an additoinal inch on the outside. Perfect.

Still curious? / what sizes are yours?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are narrow as shit and rub like I do your mother's clit. Hard.

I'll have a look at their measurements. I would think once you add slam your theory of 7+ and zero offset will result in more grinding than CD does with your missus.

Sheeeet, and I thought I was already being weak sauce with 7s. In reality, it will be something more like +10 or so, so should be OK.

/6.5s come at me.

Will lower it first then remeasure. What size balloons you rolling tho?

The 205's on the Equips rubbed constantly but I think I have 175's on the Tridens and they still rub occasionally, on teh back of course. You would have to be engine crossmember on the ground for the front to rub, massive arch size difference.

23115664671_9e62368f4c_h.jpg

I deliberately bought tiny tires to try and negate some of the rubbing conundrum as well as lower it some more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those front spings look suspiciously like they might be the same style as the springs in my S12 Gazelle.

I actually checked the part number on the lovells aftermarket springs when i lowered it and found they were the exact same as a smelly old commodore... go figue but might be worth looking into

Anyway nice progress!

In that case, i still got the stock springs if you want me to go measure diameters.

Is it easy enough to fit S13 stuff to these i wonder? Can go coilover then. Flash.

Edit : just read back in your thread and saw z31 stuff fits, which is actually similar to S12 stuff i think.

I have some shortened kyb gtx adjustable inserts if your interested in measurements, they fit S12 and Z31 struts (and ae86) Im actually going BC racing coilover so have no need for the kyb's