Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah will pull them out and see how far it drops it, but I need to find some spare fronts before I go cutting anything!!

Any of you guys got hook ups on Nissan genuine parts?   Tridon have changed all there RD28 listings to the $60-70 "high performance, high flow" thermostats, and I've got no idea what the standard one's part number was.

Nissan here has told me $46 for a genuine, but even that seems a bit high for a thermostat to me      /Dutch?

Turbo needs to happen, but I want to tidy the rest of the car up first!

Breaking the window winder handle while resetting its position = step back.    (it dug into my knee when the window was right down or up)

Dude, I feel you pain. Drove all the way to Hanmer and back with the handle pwning me in the knee. Thanks for reminding me to adjust it before I go on the next roadie.

Going to hopefully have the screen removed and refitted tomorrow, leaks like a sieve at the slightest bit of rain!

Hopefully getting some RCAs and lowering blocks made this week, still haven't found suitable front springs yet though.

Whats the deal with Nissan speedo drives, is there a range of drives you can swap around for different outputs?

Checked it with the GPS earlier and with the 185/82/R14s on there 50k on the speedo is pretty much bang on 50k on the GPS, I want to chuck this thing on something like 195/50/r15s but don't want the RUCs to go through the roof!!

/Considering swapping to a petrol engine as it looks like RUCs are going to be $60 every 2 weeks!

//Also considering changing just the odometer drive to a stepper motor like in Mikey's Z...

Edit: ok after a bit of reading it should be easy enough to get the speedo close to correct, depending on my diff ratio and if i can find the right drive gears.

Any ideas what a L20 powered P430 would have diff ratio wise?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wof, reg, roll (hopefully for nats but its a tight schedule between now and then)

Then low, wheels, few stlye improvements (steering wheel, shifter etc etc)

Nothing too outrageous.

Will keep an eye out for turbo bits for it (I dont even know if rb28t came out in NZ), then and wait for rd to blow and then chuck rb20 in it*

This may or may not happen

• Like 1

Wof, reg, roll (hopefully for nats but its a tight schedule between now and then)

Then low, wheels, few stlye improvements (steering wheel, shifter etc etc)

Nothing too outrageous.

Will keep an eye out for turbo bits for it (I dont even know if rd28t came out in NZ), then and wait for rd to blow and then chuck rb20 in it*

Neat.

The Patrol's are sometimes found with the RD28T. I keep the occasional eye out for one (not very often) but anything Patrol/Safari related is over-priced to fuckery.