Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41004-raizers-87-gloria-of-wagoness/

That doesn't look too shabby at all man, I don't think the 14's will be that bad with some smaller tires and a bit of low, on the plus side though, you have 5x114.3 so getting something Japanese is generally cheaper than the 4 stud version.

Thanks mate!  Yeah will see if I can get a stuffed 185/50 and a 185/60 chucked on a couple old rims at my local tire shop just for sizing purposes.

Any chance you could do a measure up of the front springs/struts between your R30 and your sisters Cedric for me?

its about time you had another project mate..............

and what a beauty it is

Cheers mate!

I know where theres another set of those Potenza Tr-1 mags so you could make some sweet 14x9's. Guy wanted $250 for the set

Hmm 4 or 5 stud?  could be interesting to have a couple on the trailer too haha

You got me good

:P

Will keep in mind, should really concentrate on getting it legal and lower before getting to carried away!

Took it to a mates today and he pointed out a few rust bubbles that are just opening up into holes above the screen that will fail the WOF, fuck I miss my MIG!

Attempted to acquire a WOF today, a mate of mine who takes a lot of cars through warned me that the testing station items of the month seemed to be ball joints and rust bubbles...

• R/H inner headlight to operate
  • Both front bottom outer suspension joints (Well what do you know...)
  • Windscreen washers to operate 
  • Injector pump leaking!
  • Clean up rust bubbles around both "A" pillars (surprise surprise)
  • Rust hole near L/H tailgate hinge
  • Improve rear brake balance -foot & hand

So yeah Nissan want $290 + freight from Japan EACH for the ball joints, BNT $72 each :)

Diesel pump leak, worst repair quote* = $2100.00!!!  Best quote = "that bolts missing, chuck some sealant in that hole and stick a new one in, she'll be right"

*I'll tackle most jobs, but diesel pumps and auto tranies give me the shits!!

The "rust" is a little bit of flaking/bubbling paint around the screen, quick scrape, some rust kill and a bit of silver paint and she's mint, and theirs a tiny hole in the back, thinking of being a smart ass and drilling it out for an alarm switch hole haha.

Washers = fill up before recheck and hope they test it before the 30min it takes to all leak out is up haha.

Brakes should be piss easy, have adjusted countless out of balance drums in my time on the spanners.

Just need to find a headlight and I'll be away laughing ready to find some front springs and lower it!

Oh and the trailer went straight through, good thing it doesn't have ball joints!

Such a sweet wagon, wish my 230 was on the road by now. You've got a solid entry to wagoneers me thinks.

Also find out what ratio the diff is, chassis plate should tell, you may need to drop ratio if you're "small tiring" her, to keep your revs and diesel kms down.:-)

Good point with BNT and the light, will hit them up in the morning when I pick up my ball joints, hopefully they have something with a domed lens!

Going to keep an eye on the local wreckers for a couple sets of semi sealed Pajero/Honda City etc lights.

Depending on just how tightly the ball joints are stuck in the arms I might have everything done for the WOF tomorrow, if I can get away with a cold chisel and BFH on the joints at least!

Will check the ratio tomorrow too, should be a H190 diff right?   I think it's got an LSD in it too :)

Richy not sure if you got it, but I PM'd you re head unit :)

• R/H inner headlight to operate
  • Both front bottom outer suspension joints (Well what do you know...)
  • Windscreen washers to operate
  • Injector pump leaking!
  • Clean up rust bubbles around both "A" pillars (surprise surprise)
  • Rust hole near L/H tailgate hinge
  • Improve rear brake balance -foot & hand

Press in ball joints turned into a cunt to change, might have helped if I had a press haha.

Also kinda annoyed that the ones I pulled out were mint...      And that 3 of the 8 swaybar link bushes were completely missing and the others were turning to dust, yet were never noted by the WOF people!!

Diesel pump is almost doing my head in!!!           Looking online now though it seems to be a common-ish leak for the RD thanks to low sulphur fuel and it looks like a .10c oring and a contortion act should fix it.

WOF'd, Rego'd and RUC'd FTW!

Diesel pump ended up costing $0.75c, 2 skinned knuckles and a lot of swearing to fix.

Time to start really cleaning it up and sorting out some audio!

Edit: Supercheap have central locking kits on clearance for $10, so just need a cup holder and some sounds and I'll have all the luxury conveniences I need haha

Edit 2: Trans/Axle: FS5W71B CA43

• Like 1