Ben_10's 79 KZ440

Benno

Painted the wheel black and trimmed the guard down a bit. Pretty happy with how the wheel has turned out, was debating keeping it completely black but quite like the look with the 'spokes' polished.

Not entirely sure about how the guard looks yet, may end up trimming it down a little further at a later stage.

htf0yZk.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the go for rear guards with regard to WOF? Is one necessary, if so are there any requirements for it (how much wheel it covers etc)? Sports bikes seem to get away without a guard?

I'd like things to look as legit as possible so they don't pry too much deeper and look at things like modified frames..

• 4 weeks later...

Made some more progress on this, a mate gave me a hand to get the rear loop section welded in and make a seat pan. The seat pan just needs a small 'hump' added to it to increase tyre clearance a bit. 

ypQZ8CT.jpg

owdVR38.jpg

zqTt79r.jpg

oAG0krQ.jpg

Going to get a wrenchmonkees style (kinda like a subtle cafe style) seat made up something along the lines of this

BKszrKL.jpg

Pretty stoked with how things are coming along!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Seat is done thanks to Lewis! Stoked with how it has come out, can't wait to get it and put it on. Then just need to fix the starter motor, mount rear light, replace clutch, get a new rear tyre and it should be ready for WOF.

1382049_10152190464544125_66739056525195

984072_10152190464594125_841414711272871

10341841_10152190464499125_7806392251560

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys. Satin black stripes would be pretty cool actually, any thoughts on style? I was originally contemplating something similar to the factory setup with a thicker gold stripe then a thin pinstripe above, similar to below

EdEfPSW.jpg

Dude, satin black the large bottom strip and gloss black the smaller ones if you want to use that as a base to copy.

Personally I'd run a either a couple or single large-ish band(s) from the seat edge, down the side, rounded angled up and across in front of the gas cap and back round the other side. With kwaka cut out of it to add some detailing and gloss black shadowing inside the cutout.

So the crappy carbs on this are pissing me off quite badly. I've decided to replace them, probably with some Mikuni VM32's. I'm currently looking at getting the dimecitycycle ones that a pre-jetted for 400-600 twins in the hope that the jets are a better starting point then stock (http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-carburetor-parts-mikuni-32mm-mikuni32mm-honda-cb350-cb360-cb450-cb500-right-side-carburetor-001-166.html).

Any better options or advice for these?

• 2 weeks later...