junglesponge's cortina

- i5oogt -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fuckin hell man - first time I have read this thread, you sir are a freakin masochist but also a well talented sheet metal man. This project reminds me of the VW rebuild by 63 Ragtop.

Same axe - but 2 heads and 7 handles later.

Good job and I'm very very jealous of your skills. Have you got a target for completion? What colour are you going? Is this going to be a stock resto with subtle period mods or are you going to make it a flashy show piece?

ALL of the questions. I'm in awe.

Yeah mate im goin as close to standard as possible.

I am goin floor shifter and front single seats instead of bench and other bits but im sticking with the 1300 but I have put 1600 valves and gt cam in it. Im gonna go ermine white with black vinyl roof.

It feels like im doin a show car as I have painted every little peice and have replaced every bolt in it with a new one. I just want to hop in at the end and know that every thing I can restore or replace with new was done. Im funny like that.

and thanks for your comments. They are much appreciated as it can be a lonely road when no one can see what you know it will become.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your comments it gives me a good push especially on days I feel lazy. As of the wheels im not sure yet. I might go for standard rims at this point because a love how the car sits on them and I have all chrome hubbys and surrounds but it all depends what they look like in the end. They dont fill the guard width well. 15inch mini lites look good but banga(another cortina build) put his car on them way before i even thought of them and I dont wanna be a copy.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...