Cams mk2 Cortina Deluxe Project

Hey all. i believe an update is in order..... Ok just a lil one. I am slowly marking off the to do list. At the moment I am in the process of getting my front panel on after making my own and am very pleased with the result. I think im getting the hang of this fabrication business. So I will be getting that on in the next few days. I hammered and filed the front bumper to shape which was one of the hardest things ive had to do on the car thus far. About seven hours of pure sweat to get it good. But heres some pics for all.....

n4fw4mdx.50z.jpg

qlgdyhqr.cy5.jpg

dat3mnm1.jc4.jpg

21z3tl3o.pmf.jpg

There ya go will post some more in a couple of days.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been making lot of progress as of late on the old cortina. Ive been out to my cortina god of a parts guy and he has hooked me up with some great parts and if to be honest a lil rare to find. A pair of gt front seats and a good running gear box. But apart from that I have been smashing a lot of the panel side of things. I want it panel and painted of which im doing myself by end of june so I have 6 months to get it fitted up and running before the end of the year. Shouldn't be to bad as all the removal parts have accompanied me to work to get a lick of paint or refurbishment and engine is good to go. Heres some pics for you all of my progress lately.

jljyocvl.yj1.jpg

And a lil suprise

x4aweu05.f3l.jpg

Finished the sill and door jams now making a start on rear guard

f0azbcpw.fol.jpg

iivtecut.wor.jpg

cwzlvcup.14q.jpg

0knj54bp.xl5.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE.......

Busy time so far on the tina. I been going hard for the last couple of weeks on the panel side of things. So I finally got the rear panel done after putting it off for so long and it came up really good. Also finished off the front. Wire wheeled the suface rust and undersealed the the headlamp panels. Heres the photographic evidence...

rsifwshk.jwf.jpg

4hlroqda.veb.jpg

qlwuthnr.thm.jpg

auh525gs.ysb.jpg

oynohx35.nhy.jpg

gb0pvvm5.llw.jpg

whnmiehq.aok.jpg

x5cqqbti.eju.jpg

Another update soon...enjoy.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Hey all. Well its been a couple of months since my last post and as it always seems to go in the car resto business I have failed to keep my dead line. I have done nothing to get my car in to the paint shop as of yet but im comin down the home stretch of the panel work. I had about a month off the cortina doing some home renovations instead, which has given me a renewed vigor. So im pushing hard again and finally got the dreaded surface rust under the dash done. I did not like that job and intend to add it to the list of things to pay someone else to do if I ever do another one. But enough of my jibber jabber heres a couple of photos for you all.

3jeybrwm.apq.jpg

44fa0l2o.afz.jpg

t45fwava.bri.jpg

zsk5a0eg.asz.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

The countdown is on. In only 6 days the old tina is making the the trip to the paint shop and will return looking like new. I have only a few little tidy up jobs to do to get her ready but I really looking foward to fit up time. As like all my other posts I will indulge you all in a few pics of the journey leading up to paint day. enjoy.

tusqf4kb.qji.jpg

yphxbemb.wr0.jpg

kwtyhez1.1mo.jpg

fyqt11me.ujt.jpg

I also finally got inside the boot done. Another thing off the list.

cpb3g45g.way.jpg

wp0jf1ul.leb.jpg

0aisdphi.kvf.jpg

That is all till next week.

• Like 5

It has finally began. It was around 2 years ago that I started to cut out giant amounts of rust and getting the old paint off and getting body down to metal, but I have finally got it to the paint shop. So if I havent told ya shes going white with a black vinyl roof. I like the chrome and clean black on white style. Heres him on the day he leaves. The last time he looks like crap at my house.

iztult0y.2l0.jpg

This is him at work with him striped and sanded ready for primer

dnb2c5de.0dk.jpg

y4ybo0w5.n1o.jpg

3fuvjsqg.ydf.jpg

q3lqty4s.dqq.jpg

qrh0cqc1.yai.jpg

1bkxp0ax.xrc.jpg

ftq4tuhj.wlr.jpg

wussy2f1.qmk.jpg

[url=http://

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok , where was I. Well quite a few months ago I bought my car home for the great fitup but alot has happened between now and then. First I sold my house and then bought another and then coincidentally I moved from my old house to the new one belongings in hand. I moved car here also with hundreds of bits and bobs for the workshop and making said workshop and after it all finally getting back into the cortina. So we come to now. I have been poor at keeping a photo log mainly because I can see the end is nigh. Please let me share with you the images I do have.......

d3pt4a0e.3sm.jpg

Underlay

ao2nrdb2.l40.jpg

Rear fitted up

hwybomie.u50.jpg

Interior shot.....sort of

ftedjban.5mk.jpg

Rusty wheels

erxidhds.qpv.jpg

Cool painted wheels

2ak22i3p.azn.jpg

Thats all I have. I have been running the car in and it runs well just some spongy brakes need fixing and its road test time. Cheers all

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...