felixx

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this pretty cool page for you mate

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Performance_Tuning_a_Suzuki

If you are pulling down the carb why not try and replace with a larger one from a v50 or something.  From looking at yours on weekend it seems a lot smaller so that might yield some interesting results

P.S zooming through traffic is scary enough on a moped - might be time to replace that petcock so you arent adding to the danger lol

School Holidays started today

Got the shits with family after 15min so thankfully mrs Felixx's friend arrived with sprogs in tow. this kept wee man busy so I could begin to break the scooter

So I removed the frame off the gearbox, unplugged everything

Sanded the bike

Primed it

Painted it 

(exept the forks)

Removed carb, stripped it down, decided it was fucked as the float was full of holes and more dented than Jake the muss's wifes face

Found another carb, cleaned it up jammed it on

Put bike together

Got this:

fabrown_zpsa9366a28.jpg

She is smokey as now, Im guessing there is some adjustment needed, but will look into that tomorrow

Well after the carb swap she was a bit smokey, I fiddled with it not really knowing what I was doing.

This was a bit of a mistake as she got a bit hard to start when warm.

However on my drive around redwood/belfast on her today I was ALMOST keeping up with traffic, the cars were pulling away very very slowly in a 50km/h zone.

There may be hope to crack 60km/h yet!

Also there is almost no pink left on the forks now

Got a thumbs up from a kid on a BMX today today, and that was after I overtook him!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Seniors finish school in a week and a half
then the workshop is free and my friend can show me how to shave 0.4mm off the head, I might see if he can bore out a barrel a bit to get another few cc and help oversquare the engine.

There was quite a bit of oil in the exhaust so I guess she is running rich, I thought she would lean out a bit with the chamber on her
however I went to repco to see about a pod filter to help her breath easier, maybe lean her out abit, andnoticed where the choke cable screws in was unscrewed so when I screwed that in and removed the air filter.

now she catches up to cars in 50km zones

Oh I ordered one of these, as my speedo is bung. the needle snapped off.

$(KGrHqF,!pEFHo+zMvS)BR+3LJ(Rl!~~60_12.J

RPM and Hours, I plan to replace my speedo/ ignition housing with something different when I change the bars on this.