TOMSTAMENT'S ULTIMATE CARPI

0R10N

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

need to find an 8.8 from a 87+ fox body or  preferably SN95 mustang, then add alloy axles and appropriate gears.

maybe a 9 inch if i can find a housing thats the right width but 9 inch parts seem to be really expensive compared to 8.8 and I would have to make all the mounts etc. if all else fails a narrow hilux diff is an option  as well.  but really the ford stuff that bolts in is preferable.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah want to get it done for powercruise. has to be street legal/wofspec for drag wars king of the street or whatever too.

would just put turbo on jeep probably. I actually have one on the shelf that is the right size for it too. boost all of the things.

still would really love big block too

• Like 1

I'm going to check it with the degree wheel and dti  of course - but rob reckoned it should be on the suggested centrelines at 0 degrees. so I'll check that before I put the crank pulley back on so if I do need to chuck an adjustable timing setup to get there its no big deal.

but I'm not going to fart about chasing every last 10-20hp here and there at this stage - even later on its not that big of a deal to pull the crank pulley and front cover and put in a timing set if i do need to chase the small horses.