The Bronze's XE Falcon Vehicle of Utility Purpose.

The Bronze

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 03/09/2017 at 21:32, The Bronze said:

Got the rear windscreen out with the help of some kids. The rust that was hiding at the edge wasn't as bad as I was worried, so that was good.

Put the battery on charge a while back. Yesterday I cranked it over and forgot I had the charger connected. not good. Now when I turn the key the speedo starts swinging and when I turn the key everything just dies. Anyone got a bit of a rough diagnosis on what I likely fucked?

Loose earth somewhere ? Or the battery is fucked. Cool old ute. I used to have an S Pack one of these in the late 80's. 5 years old and was starting to rust out then so yours a real survivor

It's getting there. I'd kill for a brown s-pac, that's my dream ride, but still quite fond of this old piece of shit. 

Here's a vid of what happens when i turn the key now... No ignition lights, nothing going to the starter, but the speedo starts going up like some form of volt meter.  loltastical. All thoughts on diagnosing and fault hunting appreciated. I suck at electrics.

http://thisisthehost.tumblr.com/post/165054845066

• 5 months later...
On 06/09/2017 at 22:16, 66gt said:

Loose earth somewhere ? Or the battery is fucked. Cool old ute. I used to have an S Pack one of these in the late 80's. 5 years old and was starting to rust out then so yours a real survivor

Turns out it was a loose earth. Sorted now.

• 3 years later...

re fuel pump stuff, i run a cheapo electric fuel pump/Facet on all my Fiats, no problems to report, they have mechanical diaphragm pumps factory and replacement ones are trash and when they fail they leak fuel right onto the oil pump and into the sump.

The two twin cams (ute and sedan) are solely electric, but the Wagon i still run the mechanical and just have it as an inline primer to save cranking the poor old starter for 5 minutes, and only when its been sitting for a while and the fuel lines have drained back into the tank or whatever. Once the tictictic tone changes to toctoctoc its made pressure, and good to go.  

Its just one of the cheap generic ones ( the sub $20 trademe canister style ) and once its running just turn it off and the mechanical one seems to suck though it fine.

Buy two at a time, just in case and leave it in the onboard spares collection, and then the one you install will never fail. The cube facet ones are probably more reliable but also more expensive.

I understand they are pushers rather than pullers so best to mount them low if you can, idelaly by the tank, and you want low pressure for the needle valve to keep working, i think they are 2-6ish psi which is fine for carbs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...