SR ROLLA's 1974 Mitsi Colt GTO

SR ROLLA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Hi, first time ive read your post. I wondered what you did with that steering wheel you bought or put me onto where you bought it from. I had a mint one stolen from my car. In fact, if your interested, its a car I bought for my son for his 15th birthday 15 years ago. He now lives in Sydney and I intend to restore it for him. We are the second owners, its red and done 68,000 miles. Cheers

• 5 months later...

Hi SR ROLLA

Nice car, Im glad to see its a regular driver and not just sitting in a garage somewhere and just taken out on Sundays.

I'm doing up a 73 GSR and accidentally smashed the distributor when removing it from the timing cover.

Would you have one you would part with?

I'm going to take some pics of my project and post up soon.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Dig your colt. Not sure if you found a place to look at the Carbaretta, but I was recommended the guys

http://www.cslauto.co.nz/about.php

Have not used them yet so can't recommend as such.

Also if anyone can recommend an engine upgrade for my Saturn 1600 4g32 I would be very very keen to hear???

(will be putting some pics and posts up shortly).

• 2 months later...

Im an idiot. Rolled up ur drive with Greg earlier.. Glanced at your car and said.. What's that? A charger?

He was like ITS A GTO YOU FOUR EYES CUNT.

i was more insulted for the charger side of things sadly. glad your happy with your seats and glad i could help you out. 

ps just stalked you build thread. wicked stuff man! done a nice job of it!

i was more insulted for the charger side of things sadly. glad your happy with your seats and glad i could help you out. 

ps just stalked you build thread. wicked stuff man! done a nice job of it!

Ha ha, yeah, about half the size and half the toughness of a Charger, unfortunately for me.

The back panels for the seats are awesome! Where did you find material/what did you use to cover was it a print? Kind of hard to tell. What be interested to do something similar down the track.

Just got the fabric from ebay, searched for Hokusai fabric. There were a few different types and sizes, these ones are wall hangings i think

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NZ distributor is a place called Loft HQ. Pricing and minimum amounts available depend on what kind (there are loads of different textures, finishes, colours etc) and whether they have it in stock.

The kind I got was about $70 per metre I think and it's around 1.2m wide.

• 4 months later...

Are the cups installed in the correct bracket as they are different for left and right sides of the car and are different for high beam and high/low beam as well. Note that the brackets are different left to right, but the retain rings are all the same. The photo below is for the right side and the high-beam is missing.

b03535458808429.jpg

While you're in there you could source some semi sealed light units and have replaceable bulbs so allowing the fitment of higher wattage bulbs.

I spotted a GTO in Takaka tha other day. Was a bit 'used' but it still looked great among all the bland boring modern cars that infiltrate our streets now.

• 1 month later...